Chapter IV: Act III

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Dinner with the Kamisato's
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Ayaka, my favorite Kamisato sibling!" (F/n) exclaimed in happiness while taking their shoes off and sliding a pair of slippers on instead.

Ayaka laughed softly as she took in the familiar figure of the feline that her brother had invited over.

"It's nice to see you too, (F/n)." Ayaka greeted in amusement.

(F/n) just grinned a bit. "So, how have you, Ayato, and Thoma been?" They asked as they were led by Ayaka to where dinner would be served.

Ayaka pressed a finger to her bottom lip with a thoughtful look. "We've been fine. Quiet, but we're able to make do with that." She answered.

The feline hummed softly, understanding the other's situation.

Ever since their grandfather died, both the house and the blacksmith had been extremely quiet but busy.

"Now, how have you been? Did my brother ask you to come over for dinner tonight?" Ayaka asked in amusement.

(F/n) laughed nervously. "Yeah, thanks." They retorted.

Ayaka gave a gentle smile to the other. "Sit down, I'm gonna go check on Thoma and dinner." She states.

(F/n) nodded their head and sat down as Ayaka went into the kitchen.

The feline sat down respectfully, yawning quietly as they stretched.

'Kinda glad Ayato asked... I would've been home eating dinner alone.' (F/n) mused before shaking their head.

"You're here," Ayato's voice piped up as the said young heir entered the room.

(F/n) gave a lazy wave, "I just couldn't say no to free food, ya know?" They replied.

Ayato hummed lightly as he too sat down at the table.

Ayaka came walking back in, raising a brow at her brother. "Oh, now you show up?" She questioned.

Ayato just shook his head and smiled a bit at his sister, "I couldn't just leave our guest by themselves." He retorted.

Ayaka gave her sibling a small stink eye. "Right..." She trailed off.

The girl then turned towards the feline who wanted to crash right then and there.

"Thoma is bringing out the dishes right now. Thankfully, you got here just in time." Ayaka states.

(F/n) just gave a thumbs up, blinking away the sleepiness that dared to crawl to them.

Ayaka sits down as Thoma comes to enter the room with the said dishes.

(F/n) gazed at all the food in awe, mentally cheering like a little kid.

Thoma gave a small smile when he noticed that familiar sparkle in (F/n)'s eyes.

"It's nice to see you again, (F/n)." Thoma piped up.

(F/n) gave a cat-like smile. "Nice to see you too, Thoma." They replied.

Ayaka and Ayato shared a look when they noticed what (F/n) was about to do.

(F/n) clapped their hands together and gave the most innocent expression.

"Would you like to have dinner with us, Thoma? I do dare say that the chef too has the right to eat his dish." The feline states.

Thoma stared dumbfounded, biting back a chuckle at the feline before him.

Thoma then turned his head towards the Kamisato siblings, silently questioning if it was alright.

Ayaka gave a gentle smile. "Please join us, Thoma. I'm pretty sure none of us can say no to (F/n), anyway." She states.

Thoma sighed but nodded his head while sitting down beside the ombre bluenette.

Clasping all of their hands together, the group of four gave a silent prayer.

"Let's eat!" (F/n) exclaimed, receiving laughs and smiles in amusement as they all ate.

✧˖*°࿐

A sigh of relief left (F/n)'s lips as they leaned up against Thoma, who didn't dare try and mess with their ears, which they were thankful for.

Since Thoma was for (Y/n), of course. Whether the soon-to-be pyro user knew about it or not.

"Your food is delicious as always, Thoma." (F/n) praise, their tail thumping lightly against one of the table's wooden legs.

Thoma just chuckled lightly, "You always say that, (F/n)." He points out.

"And it's true, whoever says that your cooking sucks, I have a nice dull blade waiting for them." (F/n) jokingly replied.

Thoma shook his head and smiled.

"Thank you again, Thoma." Ayaka thanked the young chef before her.

"You're welcome, Lady Kamisato." Thoma retorted.

Ayato held a thoughtful look on his face as he glanced over at the feline in front of him.

"(F/n), do you know how to fight?" Ayato suddenly asked.

The sleepy drunk-like feline stared at the slightly older male, trying their best to understand the words that were being told to them.

"Brother!" Ayaka exclaimed quietly.

(F/n) placed the tip of their finger on the table and drew imaginary circles on it.

"I do... why are you asking?" They mumbled out, raising a brow at the other.

"How about a friendly spar? You can use any weapon we have, of course." Ayato states.

(F/n) hummed quietly. "Friendly spar? Using MY creations? You're such a weirdo, Ayato... I'm in," they replied with a tired grin while getting up onto their feet.

Thoma looked between the feline and the Kamisato heir with a worried look.

Ayaka gave a smile to the worried male. "I'll keep an eye on them, you go and wash the dishes, alright?" She states.

Thoma slowly nodded his head while picking up the empty plates and used chopsticks.

"Yes, Lady Kamisato." He replied, bowing before leaving the room.

Ayaka then turned towards the two who were already heading in the direction of the training grounds.

She quickly followed after them. "They're so stupid," she sighed in disappointment.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝