Chapter V: Act II

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Stormterror's Attack
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Paimon turned toward her blonde-haired companion. "Finally, no more having to camp outdoors! But... the city folk don't look too cheery," she points out while turning to look at Amber.

"Everyone's been put out of place by Stormterror recently. But everything will turn out fine as long as Jean's with us!" Amber retorted.

"Jean?" Paimon asked, confused.

Amber nodded her head. "Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius – Jean, Defender of Mondstadt. With Jean on our side, surely even the vicious Stormterror will be no match for us." She boasted.

"Sounds like someone pretty impressive..." Aether whispered.

Amber then glanced back and forth between Aether and Paimon, "Before I take you guys to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters, I have a present for you, Traveler. It's a reward for helping me clear out that hilichurl camp." She states.

"He-Hey! Why doesn't Paimon get a reward?" Paimon complained while pouting.

The girl gave a nervous smile, trying to choose the right words to say. "Ahh... because this reward is useless to you, Paimon. But I'll treat you to a traditional Mondstadt delicacy – sticky honey roast." She promised.

Paimon's eyes widened and sparkled with excitement. "Sticky honey roast!" She cheered.

"Come with me, we'll head to the city's ahh... high ground." Amber states before leading the duo to where they were going.

"Aren't you excited, Aether? Paimon is!" Paimon squealed as she twirled a bit.

Aether just responded with a silent shrug as he and Amber walked up a flight of stairs.

"This used to be a bustling street... but with so many Stormterror attacks recently, the usual crowds are nowhere to be seen. Except for the local tavern near the city wall over there. They haven't been affected. If anything, their business is better than ever," Amber explained.

It took about a five to ten-minute walk to reach the high ground that the trio needed.

Aether stared up at the Anemo statue for a few seconds before turning his attention to Amber once more.

"So, the present I want to give you is... a wind glider! Outriders use them to ride the wind, and the people of Mondstadt love using them too. I brought you here to give it to you so you can experience it right away!" Amber exclaimed.

"Oh, you're excited about these wind gliders, huh!" Paimon points out.

Amber just smiled. "Well, that's because the wind is the heart and soul of Mondstadt! Alrighty then, enough talk! Let's give it a whirl! It's easy to use, but you still need to pay extra attention to my instructions," she states.

✧˖*°࿐

Aether walks over to the stone rails and peers over them, taking in Paimon and Amber's figures at the bottom.

"Hopefully I won't fail," he whispered underneath his breath before pushing himself up onto the railings and jumping off of them.

The wings expanded outwards as soon as they made contact with the freedom and air.

Aether clenched his eyes shut before opening a bit, staring in amazement as he took control of where he was going.

Amber takes a step back as she watches Aether land right in front of her and Paimon.

The second Aether made contact with the ground, the wings went back into the glider.

All of a sudden, the sky manifested into a stormy grey color with a slightly murky green color in the mixture.