No weakling allowed

Tu Zin's city-state is one of the most pacific and prolific. The security in the city it's second to none. The place it's one of the strictest countries, but you can still see kids playing around. And even when the city has opened its borders to commerce, they still have an immense nationalism feeling, and they are reluctant to buy any outside product.

The Metal-bending academy, now known as The Academy, is a place to learn not only bending but also language, history, math, geography, and other subjects. The Academy became one of the few schools that offered education to all the citizens born inside its borders.

The Twin Fire manor it's where the most influential family of Tu Zin lives. People said they are direct descendants of the original Fire Twins, who died long ago. The manor is situated at the skirts of the city.

Inside the manor were the husband and wife, Goku and Azula, supervising the training of their kid, Ozai.

The father, a charismatic man with hair that seems to be in a perpetual state, it's the one helping his son to learn how to fight. The mother, a beautiful woman with a stern face, it's watching everything with a smirk. A mother who is proud of her kid but also concerned about his behaviour.

Ozai is 11 years old and has long hair that falls below his shoulders. His hair it's as revel as his father's hair. Wearing a crimson red robe with a belt in a wine colour. Although the kid was born a non-bender, he was expected to learn the fire-benders fighting style. The kid could mimic the steps to perfection, but to her mother and father, it was not enough.

It was expected of him to always be perfect in studies and combat. It was expected of him to defeat his opponents with a clear difference. He was expected to take every fight seriously. And that's what made his mother concerned.

Ozai has been set up to participate in a combat tournament in the Academy. Ozai participated as he was asked and defeated many other kids that were older and taller than him but lacked the strength and discipline that Ozai has. Unfortunately, in the final battle, he did not behave as expected.

The fight was easy for Ozai, but the opponent started to scream and cry at the pain of just one punch. Ozai was concerned for his opponent's well-being and got close to help. The moment Ozai looked concerned, Azula frowned, and Goku facepalmed. The other kid used the moment, grabbed Ozai by the shirt, and threw him in the hopes of taking him out of the ring and winning. Ozai recovered quickly from the trow, and when he was at the edge of the ring, he used his hands to remain inside. He ran to kick his opponent in the chest, making the other kid fall from the ring.

The place erupted in joy as they saw Ozai winning. A prodigy, some would say. The skills presented by Ozai to react quickly were something celebrated by everyone. Only the loser and his parents will be disappointed, or that is what was expected. But there was a woman that was frowning, looking at the winner.

"Weak", it's what her mother called him. He was close to losing for showing weakness in the fight, and her mother let her son know that she expects he won't be like that again. She will not support having a weak son like her traitorous brother.

"Weakness brings insecurity; insecurity opens the doors for you to be deceived. I have seen how people have been deceived into betraying their family." Said Azula to her son with a calm voice, but Ozai could tell that she was furious.

After that, Ozai spent a lot of time training after school with his father. Goku thought that he was lacking in learning about reading the opponent's energy, so he won't be deceived easily.

Unfortunately for Ozai, his father's approach to things was more conceptual, which made it difficult for him to understand.

Sitting next to the pond in their backyard, where some turtle ducks live, and meditating to feel the energy within and outside him was something he still didn't understand. Although he understands the theory his father was preaching, he lacks an understanding of the real world.