𖥻 chapter thirty two

"dumb

"dumb."

꒰🏁꒱

the bell rings and echoes through the house, almost manically. ava grunts, opening her eyes slowly as she looks out the window, meeting the blue sky. she blindly reaches for her phone; on the nightstand, under the sheets, but it's nowhere.

she stands up, opening the door of the guest room ─ how'd she even end up in there? ─ and groggily walking down the hall. the door pounds as she looks through the peephole, finding a very concerned jay throwing fists on it.

"what the fuck jay!?" she shrieks and flies it open. the man barely escapes tripping & falling, standing on his feet as he fixes his jacket & throws the still sleepy brunette a concerned look.

"sweet jesus ava! are you ignoring my calls on purpose?" he raises his voice, stitching his lips shut when he comes face to face with a mortified ava. her hair are a mess & the smeared traces of make-up on her face make her look miserable.

"are you... alright?" he softly asks, his hands cupping her face as he leans in & brushes his thumb over her cheek. "you're burning! what happened last night?"

"i... don't remember." she trails & goes to take a seat on the couch. she takes a deep breath, caressing her throbbing temples with her pointers. "how much did i drink last night? damn..."

"let me get an aspirin and a hangover soup done ─ don't you move." he adds and points at her, who's halfway from standing up. with a tut, she falls back down & hugs her head with her arms.

how much did she drink? and who brought her home? how did she end up in the guest room? where did her mother sleep then? fucking hell.

"morning darling~" the door opens to reveal her mother & younger sibling. "how'd you wake up?" she asks as she takes off her coat, the child taking it from her hands and going to leave it on the guest room.

"bad. pretty bad." ava grunts & tries to stand up & hug her. "i can't remember for shit!" "language!" she grimaces yet embraces the elder woman warmly.

"want me to prepare you some soup?" "no need, jay's making some." a small chuckle falls off her mother's lips. "ah this kid! i've been telling since forever how he'll make a great husband!"

"why thank you mrs yoon." the raven haired walks out of the kitchen with a smile, handing ava a pill & a glass of cold water. "have any idea what went down last night? cause your daughter seems to be swimming in blindness."

the woman shakes her head, yet the lopsided smile on her lips doesn't go unnoticed by the two. "it's good to go wild every once in a while, but youuu my dear." she clicks her tongue with another shake of her head. "you went party mode."

"at least that's what ethan said."

ethan?

jay side-glances at the girl, observing the way her body tenses at the name. "who?" she questions, but her mother has none of the shock written in her face & voice. "yup! ethan."