CHAPTER TWENTY

After the limbium incident, nothing really exciting happened.

There were two people that always ruined his days.

Impossible question- Guess who.

His mind wandered to Sophie, who hadn't felt pity for him. No, she'd been angry.

The anger fueled both him and her. Gave them both reasons to keep fighting.

Sometimes, he liked closing his eyes and just remembering the annoyance- anger that she had felt when she met Lord Cassius.

Sure, she'd been sorry too.

Everyone's sorry. It doesn't mean a thing.

But some people do something about it. And Sophie...

Her laughing face took control of his thoughts and he smiled a secret smile. Just for himself. And for Sophie, who pulled him in enough to keep him guessing. (Haha guess what song I'm listening to.)

Only too late did he notice someone watching him from the corner of his eye.

Fitz grinned when he noticed that Keefe had seen him. "What are you thinking about?" He paused and his eyes glinted mischievously. "Or who?"

Did his smile really look that dreamy?

Why? It's not like he... liked her or something....

Or.. did he actually?

No. That's not possible. He had never liked any girl before. Why would he start now?

Because Sophie was smart and sweet and strong and beautiful and cute and kind and..

He stopped himself.

He didn't like her. Like, like like like. That kind of like.

"You, of course, my love." Keefe answered when he realized Fitz was still there. He even stuck his tongue out, so Fitz wouldn't get suspicious that he wasn't acting like himself.

Fitz made a disgusted face. "I'm fine with you just being my friend, please. Even that's almost too much to handle."

Keefe smiled. "And you look too gross to like. I mean, one look at you, and one look at me, and.." He shook his head. "Already forgotten."

"Not if I do this-" He reached up with one of his thinnest, floppiest notebooks and smacked Keefe's head.

"Was that supposed to hur-" Keefe's jaw dropped. "NO- NO- Please don't tell me-" He ran to the nearest window and tried to see his reflection. "I worked extra hard on it today!"

"Why? Trying to impress someone? A girl, maybe?"

Keefe turned to face him, frantically trying to pat his hair back into shape. "I will get revenge- I promise you that."

"I gotta go now." Fitz rushed out of the hall.

Keefe sighed, heading towards his first period class.

He'd come up with a way to get revenge during study hall.

***************

Keefe had only made it a few steps out of his class when a short person collided with him and he nearly fell to the ground.

He looked up and when he saw who it was, raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Jensi?" He asked.

"Oh, hi Keefe, sorry for bumping into you. I really need to rush to my next class, I'm already so late and I can't miss it because I was already late 3 times this week and one more time means my parents have to meet with Dame Alina and that's terrible because they'd kill me. And also-"