Chapter 20

Just before you guys start reading, I have something I want to say. As you guys know, I am reconstructing this book, and to do that I've read it, from the start.

And I found this book to be AWFUL, it was like reading something written by a 7 year old kid.

So I want to take a moment to say thank you, despite my awful storytelling skills for MedicoMD  encouraging me to write this sequel. For Sav160606 to call Alayna one of the best female leads she has read about on Wattpad. For everyone like Tale_teller03 zhalameer and GeniousMin for the constant love and support from the first book. Thank you for all the votes, having 20+ notifications every time I upload feels amazing, that may seem like a small number to you guys but to me it's a massive achievement especially as I would only get one notification when I first started writing on Wattpad.

So thank you, all of you guys, all the support means a lot to me.

And after thinking for a good few days, I've realised that I need to give myself time to become a better writer, because I'm that slow person if you get what I mean, I always seem to achieve things at a slower pace compared to my peers, and that's ok!

Ok, moving on the chapter, there will be small changes, I'm not keeping everything yet I'm not rewriting anything as well.

******

Alayna sat gazing up at the night sky.

Her mind occupied with thoughts, but the most prominent one was how time had flown by.

She was now in her third semester of her pregnancy. Her protruding belly made it difficult to even do the simplest of day-to-day activities, such as putting on her shoes.

She finished her cup of pickle juice, with a small squeeze of lemon. Her cravings were now out of control.

She slowly climbed into bed next to the already sleeping figure, she could see the fatigue on his face, the stress on his brow and the worry weighing down his features.

As she was now approaching the end of her pregnancy, both Zunair and her had decided on an agreement that they would sleep in the same room, he was always around her now. Tending to her, making sure she has enough rest, satisfying all her cravings. The bare minimum, her mind taunted her.

But he cares. Her conscience told her.

Her brain told her to shit down everything and rest. Her body urgently needed it.

And her eyelids drooped to a shut.

"Yo...You...You can't do this to me!"

I was in my fa-, in Ismail's room.

I start throwing everything that comes to hand.

"You did this to your wife and now your daughter. What a man!" I scream.

His face breaks at the mention of his dead wife, "H...how do you know?"

Shouldn't I have found out?

How much longer was he planning to keep the truth from me?

"Your sister. She told me on my nikah day, straight after the nikah had been conducted. The day which you killed your daughter for a mere few gold coins, that won't even benefit you in a mere few years. How does it feel to be selfish? Huh? How does it feel to be the killer of both your wife and your daughter?"