Chapter 45

Theo POV

24 hours.

24 hours of pain.

24 hours of rage.

24 fucking hours of images that I can’t stop.

Lucy crying. Lucy screaming. Lucy in pain. Lucy hurt. Lucy bleeding.

I felt like she was in front of me, and I couldn’t save her. I could hear her screaming my name, but I couldn’t do shit for her.

It is my fault that she is gone. It is my fault that Noah isn’t talking.

I should have stopped them. I knew it wasn’t safe. I had a terrible feeling, and I let her leave the house. I let her go without me.

“I am so sorry, Noah.” I whispered, looking at my brother.

He was sitting on her bed, looking through the window. He hasn’t said a word since yesterday.

“This is my fucking fault.” I said, gripping my hair. “I should have listened to you. I should have told them to fuck off. I should have kept her here.”

Noah stayed silent. He didn’t move a muscle.

I opened my mouth to talk to him, but her phone rang. Again.

It was Mike. He was calling her for, like, the hundredth time today. I kept ignoring his calls, but I knew I would have to answer and tell him the truth.

I placed the phone back on the desk, ignoring the call and focusing on my brother.

“Noah?” I called him desperately. “Can you talk to me? Scream at me, hit me, just do something, please. I can’t lose you too.”

He stayed silent, but he moved.

Thank God.

He turned his head to look at me. His eyes were void of any emotion, but I knew he was in pain. He took my hand in his, gripping it tightly.

“I’m so sorry, Noah.” I whispered, looking in his eyes. “I am so fucking sorry.”

He moved his gaze from me and continued staring through the window.

His hand didn’t leave mine, though.

That had to be a good sign.

The door to her room burst open.

I turned around abruptly. Noah didn’t even flinch.

Ethan, Aiden, and Riley barged in.

“Where is she?”

“Did you find her?”

“Who the fuck took her?!”

They screamed at the same time.

I took a deep breath, shaking my head and looking back at Noah. I wanted him back. I needed him back. He is the only one who can understand my pain right now.

“Is he okay?” Aiden whispered softly.

“He hasn’t said a word since yesterday.” I mumbled.

“Shit.” Riley sighed.

“Why the fuck aren’t you out there searching for her?!” Ethan exclaimed angrily. “We should be out there!”

I turned my head from Noah to Ethan. My anger bubbled up in my veins. My fists clenched and my nostrils flared.

“You don’t think I want that?!” I screamed at him. “You don’t think that I’m not dying slowly with each passing minute without her?! I would turn this fucking city upside down, but I can’t! I fucking can’t!”