two

112 AC

112 AC

Valaenyra walked through the Red Keep to her chambers, feeling exhausted after a long day and wanting nothing more than to rest. She had been tending to Aemma and her endless needs.

"I swear to god Aemma, I felt like I am the one who's carrying the baby and not you," Valaenyra cursed under her breath.

Although she loves her sister but by god can she talks. And these days, it tends to be all about marriage and children. Her sister had been recommending her all types of men ranging from old to young for her future spouse.

Valaenyra understood that it is her duty to marry to a noble house and produced heirs, however, she seemed to find the topic a bit dull. Since she was little, she always dreamed to be a warrior that fights in the war or at least, commanded the troop and planned battle strategies.

Love and marriage always bore Valaenyra, but Aemma always said maybe it was because she never opened her heart to anyone, or better yet, to the right one.

Valaenyra only regarded this as nonsense considering there's no one in the Red Keep that truly interest her.

She had always been told that she was too much. Too bold, too opinionated, too messy. She was told that she needed to be less of herself if she ever wanted to marry someone and fulfill her duty.

She tried once when she was still in her early youth. She changed the way she dressed, spoke, and acted. She became more reserved and quieter. She thought that maybe if she was more like every other lady, she would finally find someone who would see her as the bold, strong, and independent woman she knew she was.

But it didn't work. The more she changed, the more she felt like losing herself. And the more she lost herself, the more alone she felt. She began to realize that she cannot do this to herself, she did not care if she couldn't find anyone. If she can't find someone who would love her for her, then fuck it all. Better be herself and without a partner than being depressed for her whole life.

So she stopped trying to be someone she wasn't.

But at the same time, Valaenyra felt lost. She wanted someone to see her as the woman she is and not someone who would try to control her or put her down. She wanted someone who would treat her well and make her feel special. Yet she felt no one in this whole Westeros would do it for her.

She just did not see it yet that the one who loved her for who she was and who treated her with the love and respect she deserved had been right in front of her eyes all this time.

She just needs to accept and find her way to him to finally feel at home.

Valaenyra let out a sigh of relief as she walked towards her chamber's door, she could finally sleep the day away. She entered into chambers and immediately, she knew something is wrong.

A figure suddenly leaped out from behind the door and grabbed her. Valaenyra reacted quickly, stomping her foot at the assailant and driving her elbow back into his stomach before grabbing the dagger she always hid underneath her dress. Hence the reason why she always wore a more of a flowy dress, it gave her better access to reach her dagger,