Detective Talk

...

"Beware the man with eyes on his hands.

The man known as:

Optic."
Detective Tsukauchi sighed, reading off the sentence to the police that had been assessing the situation.
He pinched the bridge of his nose, he could feel stress rise within him.

"Looks like he revealed a name for himself...

And killed pro hero snipe while he was at it."
Tsukauchi said, taking a picture of the crime scene.
"Optic.
Well I can't say it doesn't suit him"

_________________________________________

"So he revealed a name...?
...is this a sign he's starting up something bigger...?"
A police officer asked, sitting amongst heroes and other detectives.
There had been a mass meeting regarding what had happened, not only had a name been revealed but snipe had been murdered.

"It's a little more than just a sign for the future.
It's a sign of partnership.

The leader of the league of villains, Tomura Shigaraki, was shot 3 times by him.
And then he died the same day.

No staff member of UA, pro hero or not, has been targeted thus far.
Up until yesterday.
This is a first.

And it obviously wasn't done just out of coincidence...
His death wasn't painless either, Optic killed him with a really painful poison laced dagger.

His death was quick but it was so painful that it likely felt like forever.

That's not something that can be taken lightly.

Who knows, this could be more than just partnership...
He could have taken over the league as well."
Tsukauchi explained, reading off what he had deducted on his way to the conference room.

"...well what do we do...?"

"We'll have to focus in on the imports that come in from other countries,
Optic has control over essentially all underground criminal activity.
Any organizations are controlled by him, including gangs.
He basically has a monopoly over the underground world.
Black market, illegal imports, distributions those same illegal imports...
This includes weapons as well, which explains how he got his hands on such high potent poison.

There isn't any way we'll be able to find him.
He's made it more than just clear that trying will result in death, and he also made it impossible.
Not even his own members know what he looks like, and anyone that's seen him hasn't lived to tell the tale.

For all we know, he could be walking just past the street right now like any other citizen of Japan but we wouldn't ever know because he has his actual identity under wraps.

No matter how many thugs we capture and interrogate, none of them know.
So for now, we should focus on lowering their criminal activity.

We can, from there, investigate further.
Maybe sending in a mole to figure out his identity and report it back to us would work.

But that comes with the risk of having an innocent die."
Tsukauchi ranted. Though none of it was boring, it was something that had captured all of their attention.

"A mole...?
Who would be able to pose as a criminal, get close enough to him, figure out his identity, and return alive-
Without getting caught....?"
Edgeshot asked, questioning how that would work.

"That's the current issue we're facing.
It has to be someone who's already joined and is already close enough to him.
His highest ranking members.