FLOURISH

~

content/TW: fluff, platonic (potential pt2 to develop), yunjin and reader pefomance duo <3, mentions of anxiety and stage fright(?) nothing too serious though, just good 'ol nerves everyone gets, comfort and yunjin being your number one supporter, just wholesome, from readers POV

requested by ; qweendlyn

# YUNJIN X F!READER
reader is a dancer from sumeru
with a dendro vision, her performances
are well known throughout teyvat
for the flowers that grow spontaneously
whenever she dances

~

in which not even the most beautiful flower, nor the brightest lantern, could compare to the magic two artists could create.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

LANTERN RITE DREW NEARER AND NEARER. The last few days have been filled with practise session after practise session, sometimes seeking my good friend Nilou to critique what I could improve on. Despite her constant worry and her telling me to take a break, I managed to get the routine down almost 'perfectly' as Nilou would describe it.

And now, I clutched the neatly written letter in my hands. It had been written by Liyue's Tainquan herself, Lady Ninnguang. Her elegant handwriting sprawled against the parchment that carried the scent of an expensive perfume.

It explained how she had heard of my performances through peers and 'other means' and how she longed to see it in person. So, she took it upon herself to invite me to dance at the newly built Jade Chamber.

I had no choice but to accept such a rare opportunity and so, after gruelling hours on the stage of an empty audience, I was on the road towards the city of contracts.

It was bustling. Although Sumeru was similar considering the various trading opportunities it gave to many across Teyvat, I never saw anything like the preparations of the lantern rite.

The grand Jade Chamber soared in the sky. On my trek here, I had caught word of a sea creature attacking Liyue for revenge from travellers who were once again on the move.

I felt a familiar feeling bubble in my stomach and my heart rate sped up a little.

'there's no time for such thoughts'

I shook my head and looked at the map. Lady Ninnguang had put me in contact with a singer. A classical opera singer at that. We had become pen pals of sorts and she told me of her plans for the performance.

It came as a surprise when she gave me free reign of what I wanted to do for my dance.

I trust that a dancer of your calibre and talent will do nothing but impress. I rely on your judgement, and I'm positive you will not disappoint me, Lady Ninnguang, or the crowd on the night.

followed by a rundown of what the performance would be about. As I read the lyrics of the opera, I couldn't help but notice how it felt like i was reading a story despite it being a musical piece.

'right, she said she'd meet me somewhere called the... Heyu Tea House...? Where's that?'

I looked around the busy street and let out a sigh.