I'm Never Enough Pt. 3 (LM & daughter! reader)

Introduction:
Lucius decides to go for a walk in order to clear his mind from the memories of his daughter. At a playground, he meets someone he hasn't seen in a very long time.

This is a request from alinaanders246. Thank you for your request!

It's a continuation of the sad ending of part two.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 9/9/2022 ———————————————

Author's note:
Important: If you want to be able to choose what next fanfic series I should start, you can find the link to the poll in the pinned post of my Tumblr! The poll ends on September 17th, 10AM (CEST). My tumblr is: yan-senna
———————————————

Word count: 1k

It's been ten years since the war ended. Ever since the Dark Lord died, everybody has been happy.

Well, everyone except for the Malfoys.

Lucius Malfoy hasn't seen his daughter, Y/N Malfoy, since that night. He has no idea where she is nor how she is. He hopes that she's happy wherever in the world she is.

There hasn't been a day where he hasn't thought about her. He truly regrets his decisions - he should have given her more attention and told her that he loves her. Because he did, he just never realised how much until she was gone in his life.

He still loves his daughter - and he misses her terribly.

He sighs as he stares at the fireplace in the living room of Malfoy Manor.

The Malfoys were pardoned after the war because of Narcissa's decision to lie to the Dark Lord about Harry Potter being dead. Her action caused the boy to be able to defeat him and end the war.

The only consequence of their involvement with the Dark Lord was that they had to give up their wands for a year in order to prove themselves to the Ministry.

It wasn't easy for the family - it wouldn't be easy for any wizard or witch as their wand is crucial for their day-to-day life. Nonetheless, they survived the year and proved themselves.

Lucius looks at his wand in his hand, reminding him of their life before. Shaking off the thoughts, he decides to rise up from the couch.

As he heads towards the front door, Narcissa spots her husband. "Lucius, where are you going?" she questions.

"I just need to get some fresh air, Cissy. I'll be back before dinner" he tells her, giving a reassuring smile before leaving the building.

As he walks outside, he spots the albino peacocks. He chuckles to himself. He remembers how Y/N and Draco loved to pet them when they were younger...

Taking a deep breath, he walks away in order to think of something else. However, wherever he goes, he thinks of her - his daughter. He can't seem to get her off his mind.

After a while, he spots a playground to his left. He smiles sadly to himself - Y/N loved to go to the playgrounds. He however refused to go to just any playground, having such high standards for his children.

Before, he wouldn't even dream of taking his children to this place... But now, he would give anything to go back in time and take his daughter here. Just one last time.

He can't help but let a tear fall down his cheek. How he misses her...

His train of thoughts is interrupted as he hears laughter. He notices there's a family currently using the playground.

As he looks at the little girl using the swing, he sighs to himself. She minds him so much of Y/N... She even looks a bit like her. She has the same hair and the same eyes...

He freezes when he hears a recognisable voice. "Rose, we'll have to leave soon, sweetheart" the mother tells her child.

Lucius snaps his head towards the woman. There's no way...

"Oki doki!" the little girl yells as she jumps off the swing and runs towards her parents on the bench.

The little girl seems to notice Lucius in the background. "Mother, why is that man staring at you?" she asks curiously.

That catches the woman's attention as she looks at Lucius. She widens her eyes, slowly rising from the bench.

"Y/N?" her husband asks, looking at his wife.

Lucius is barely breathing. Did he just say Y/N? Is it really...?

"Y/N?" Lucius whispers, not sure if she hears him or not.

She slowly steps towards him. "Father?" she whispers back.

Lucius blinks away his tears. He's not sure how she feels about seeing him after all these years. Is she happy? Is she angry?

He quickly finds out as she runs to him, hugging him tightly. "Father!" she exclaims, tears in her eyes. She sounds happy.

Lucius allows himself to sob in front of them, wrapping his arms around his daughter tightly. "Y/N, it's you! It's really you! Merlin, how I've missed you!" he tells her.

She sniffles. "I missed you, too" she says.

Wiping away his tears, Lucius takes a good look at her. "Look at you, you have become such a beautiful young lady" he says, chuckling.

Y/N smiles at him. She then gestures for her husband and daughter to come to them.

"Father, this is my husband, Jack," she says as she gestures to the man. Lucius nods at him in greeting.

"And this is Rose - your granddaughter" she states as she gestures to the little girl.

At that, Lucius can't help but let another tear fall. "My granddaughter?" he whispers.

Y/N nods as she smiles at her daughter. "Rose, this is your grandfather" she explains.

The little girl looks up at Lucius, tilting her head. Lucius almost sobs again when she hugs his legs.

"Grandfather!" she says with so much love in her voice.

He gently pats her head, smiling at the little girl. He then looks at his daughter.
"Y/N, I'm so sorry..." he whispers, his voice cracking.

Y/N gently grabs his hand as she gives it a reassuring squeeze. "It's okay, Father. I forgive you" she says, smiling at him.

Lucius sighs in relief, so happy to hear her say that to him. "Your mother and brother have missed you so much as well... I would like to invite you three for dinner tonight" he says, hoping she will accept his offer.

"I missed you three as well, Father. And we would love to come" she says, looking at her husband who nods in agreement.

As they are about to part ways, Y/N looks at her father once more. "I'm so glad we met again" she states, sniffling.

Lucius sniffles too. "I'm so glad as well... I love you, Y/N. I always loved you, even if I never showed it. And you are enough, more than enough" he tells her.

She smiles at him, wiping away her tears with her sleeve. "I love you too. See you tonight" she says, hugging her father one last time before they finally part ways.

As Lucius heads back to Malfoy Manor, he smiles. This time, a happy smile. He can't wait to tell Narcissa and Draco the good news. For the first time in a long time, he's excited for what the future will bring him and his family.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "New to the Country Pt. 2" (SS) will be published on 9/16/2022!