𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 76: 𝑆𝑒𝑙𝑓-𝐴𝑐𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

A/N: ELI WITH THE SUN TATTOO
         ELI WITH THE SUN TATTOO

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Miguel?" My voice cracked.

Miguel was sitting on a ledge in front of my apartment. When he saw me, he stood up quickly.

I continued to look at him in silence. A smile slowly grew on his face, before he began walking over to me. "Y/n, I have so much to tell you..." He kept talking, but I didn't process any of his words.

After a few seconds, I began walking towards him too, dropping my bag to the ground. My pace quickened with each step.

I wasn't smiling, however. It felt as though a swarm of bees were buzzing in my chest.

Miguel held out his arms for a hug when we reached each other, but I didn't embrace him. Instead, I raised my hand and slapped his cheek.

His head jerked to the side, one of his hands raising up to the spot I just struck. He looked back at me, confusion imprinted in his face.

I raised my hands and pushed him back, making him stumble. "How could you?" I asked, pushing him back again. "Do you know how worried I was? How worried we all were?" My voice raised slightly.

"I felt like such a dick! I felt like the worst friend in existence, but hearing that you leave the country alone with no idea where you're going?!" I kept pushing him back. Miguel listened quietly.

"It's you! You're insane, Miguel!" I continued. "I missed you! I needed you-" I began slowing down, my vision blurry with tears.

Miguel took this opportunity and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close to him. I cried into his shoulder.

It felt good to be by him again, but my blood was still boiling within. After a few seconds, I pushed him away from me again, still crying.

"I'm still mad at you..." I spoke, pointing at him. "Y/n, I will do anything to make it up to you." Miguel took a step closer. "How about we start by talking?"

I stared at him for a moment, before nodding my head. I followed Miguel through his apartment and into his room.

I stood in the middle of his room, my arms crossed in front of my chest, while Miguel took a seat on his bed. We stared at each other in silence.

"You can sit down too, y/n-" Miguel started, gesturing to a spot on his bed.

"I'm alright here," I interrupted firmly.

Miguel sighed. "Listen, I know-"

"Let me start," I interrupted him again. "When you left, I was beating myself up inside. Day in, day out. I felt so bad about the way we left things, that I didn't know what to do with myself. I spent my days alone to punish myself for the way I treated you. I didn't think I deserved to have any other friends if I drove away my best friend the way I did!" My voice raised with every sentence.

"I wanted to apologize first thing, but now you're back and you act like nothing happened? Like you just got back from a weekend trip?!"