10-♪- Distance

Song is Distance by Christina Perri

                                                                               ~*~

♪-Chapter-Ten

 Aria:

            The drizzling rain pours down in a torrent sending its silent fury across the town in one swift motion.

The sun is filling up the room

And I can hear you dreaming

Do you feel the way I do right now?

            As if the weather conformed to what I was feeling, I numbly trudge through the near empty streets, small droplets of redemption searing into my skin.

            I wasn’t sure if I was cold or just numb.

            With my tears mingling with the tears falling from the sky, I shudder hard.

            He had a fiancé.

            She wasn’t his girlfriend. She was his fiancé, the one he was promised to.

            Clenching my fists I feel the tears welling underneath my eyelids.

            Wasn’t that something worth mentioning before you kissed someone? Before you let that person fall for you?

I wish we would just give up

Cause the best part is falling

Call it anything but love

            I stumble slightly over the slight bump in the road and the puddle of rain I step into sprays into the air.

            The look on Teegan’s face when Maria said that; It wasn’t a kind of face that did anything to even try and dispute her words, it was one of resignation, guilt and sadness.

            But what hurt the most was the cold, triumphant way Maria held herself.

            It wasn’t the fact that Teegan didn’t dispute the claim that finally made me fall to the floor; it was Maria’s confidence that sealed everything.

            She wouldn’t be that confident if she didn’t know that Teegan belonged to her in every sense of the word.

            And I will make sure to keep my distance

                                                Say "I love you" when you're not listening

            I shake my head hard, my wet hair sticking to my face.

            Tro, Zach and Trey knew and didn’t even bother telling me.

            They wanted me to stay. They said I was good for Teegan…

            How long can we keep this up, up, up?

            I slip to the ground, as my palms slap into the dirtied, flowing water. Heaving a shaky sob I ground my teeth together, anger at my feeling of betrayal searing through me.