eleven

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
eleven: fabulous
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

     The drama department of Camp Shallow Lake had decided to honour their special guest, Corbin Bleu, and give a rendition of the infamous 'Fabulous' song from HSM 2 (Carlos's petition, of course).

     They were all in their bathing suits, in their respective places and ready for Corbin to arrive so they could start performing, trying their hardest to make it seem like a coincidence. Juliette, however, cringed at the intention. 

     The redhead sat alongside Gina, Savannah and Audrey, the two other girls from the Honeycomb, each of them occupying a lounger and exchanging what Savannah had called 'camp tea'.

     "You're occupying our territory," they heard from behind, making them turn around. "Rocket Man, this your doing?"

     "Sorry, Ben. You can jump in for the song if you want," the ex-senior apologised with a smile.

     "Yeah, I would love to see you in a pink bikini," Juliette laughed, turning around to face the boy she had grown so close to over the past few days.

     "At least I get to enjoy the view," he winked at the girl, who subconsciously put her towel over her stomach and legs, feeling his cheeks warm up. Ricky, observing the exchange, clenched his jaw and looked away.

     "Corbin's helicopter had a maintenance issue. He'll be here any minute," E.J. explained, making all of them sigh. "Are we totally sure about doing this?"

     They had been waiting what felt like forever and, truth be told, Juliette was already getting tired of her bathing suit. She fidgeted with it, trying to get it to cover her more while still being comfortable, but she miserably failed in the process. All of a sudden, a red t-shirt that read 'lifeguard' fell on her lap. She looked around for the source of the attack but it was fairly easy to recognise it: Ben was now letting his abs be seen, his eyes fixed on Juliette. The girl simply smiled and, turning around to avoid Ben seeing her red face, put the shirt on. 

     "Places, everyone! Someone hand me my sunglasses!" Carlos yelled, making everyone rush to their spots. Juliette put on her sunglasses, mentally thanking Ben for giving her a cover-up. As much as she liked her bikini, she was not totally comfortable with the whole world seeing her half-naked. 

     Soon, the music started, Carlos began singing and they did what they did best: pretend they were in a Disney Channel movie. I guess some things never change. They carried out their complicated choreography, the leading voice alternating between Carlos and Kourtney, the dancing partners continually changing and all of them throwing themselves in the pool at the end. 

     "Whoo!" they heard a voice exclaim, only to find out that Corbin Bleu had never been there. "Now that is a catchy song. Is that Ariana Grand?"

     Although Carlos was fuming, the rest of them could not control their laugh and, soon, they were all wet and with their face hurting from laughing so much.

     Juliette got out of the pool, not wanting her red hair to be soaked in chlorine for a long time. However, she soon found out that they hadn't brought towels for everyone and she stood there, trying to get dry with the sun. 

     "Juli, do you...?" Ricky approached her, a towel in his hand.

     "Oh my God, yes please," she smiled, accepting the towel that Ricky gave her. 

     "If I had known you would bathe with my shirt, I would have given it to your earlier," Ben's voice appeared again, this time the whole swim team behind him. "Can we practice now?"

     "I'll get it back to you," the girl promised, still by Ricky's side and the towel over her shoulders. 

     "You can keep it, the camp pays for it anyways."

     She walked out of the pool, Ricky following suit. He did not open his mouth until they got to where their paths separated, Juliette stopping in her tracks to give Ricky back his towel. The boy barely looked at her.

     "Is everything okay?" she asked, confused by Ricky's sudden change.

     "I don't know, is it?"

     "What do you mean?"

     "Since when do you let boys comment like that about your body?" he spat, instantly regretting it as soon as he saw Juliette's smile drop.

     "What do you mean? He was joking," she clarified.

     "You sure? Because he looked like he wanted to make out with you right there and then."

     "Then so be it," Juliette replied, imitating Ricky's tone. "We are not dating anymore, Ricky. I have the right to make out with whomever I please, just like you did with Lily."

     "Can you please get over that already?" he exclaimed, attracting curious gazes. Juliette could see, from the corner of her eye, her friends gather around, but none of them dared to intervene.

     "No, I cannot! Because she was the cause of everything! And you didn't even care!"

     "Of course I did! Do you think I haven't kicked myself everyday since I found out the truth!?" he continued the argument, causing more people to approach.

     "It doesn't seem like it! And I want to go and kiss Ben or Oliver or whoever I want, I am in full right to do so! You're not my boyfriend nor my dad!"

    "Okay, guys," E.J. approached, Val and Maddox following. "I think you should go back to your cabins."

     Although Juliette had a lot more to say to Ricky, seeing E.J. having to intervene and everyone looking at her filled her with embarrassment. Maddox and Val took her by the hands and led her to the Barn, for the sake of avoiding all those comments that they knew would soon fill the whole camp.

     As soon as they were alone, Juliette began to cry and to apologise to the girls, just in case they would get in trouble because of them.

     "Hey, we're the bosses here. There's no getting in trouble for us," Maddox tried to calm her.

     "What was that all about?"

     "It's just... nothing new. Ricky and I get into this kind of fights some times," she explained, not daring to look at their sympathetic faces. "I'll be alright. We'll end up apologising to each other."

     "You two go way back, huh?" Val whispered, caressing Juliette's arm.

     "You have no idea," she half-laughed, letting out another sob.