27. sometimes love just isn't enough

"Thank you for coming." the boy said nervously with a small smile.

Nina agreed to the meeting after the boy called her every five minutes. She honestly wanted to know the reason why he said what he said, she wanted to hear his explanation. Even though she was angry and didn't want to see him, she realized that it would be better for her to hear his part of the story.

"I really wanted to explain it to you." Ricky said.

"Okay," she nodded. "explain."

The boy looked around in the darkness trying to find the right words to say. They were in the park and it was already night, about half past eleven. They stood facing each other about five feet apart.

"First of all I would like to say that I am so sorry." he told her sadly. "I shouldn't have said that we don't know each other, and I know that I won't change the past, but I was stupid and I shouldn't have said that-"

"Why did you say it then?" she asked with an emotionless face.

"My manager manipulated me. He said that if I don't do what he wants, it will ruin my career." Ricky answered her and she rolled her eyes at that. "The point is that I'm sorry, I know I made a huge mistake but I'll never do it again, please, could you forgive me?"

"That's not as easy as it seems." she replied.

"I know." Richard nodded. "But you have to know that I'm really sorry for saying something like tha-"

"It's not just about what you said!" she cut him off in frustration. "It's also because of what Lily said and because of those phone ca-"

"Wait." the curly haired boy stopped her. "What did Lily say?"

Nina thought for a moment whether she should tell him, but she decided. "She said you don't have time for a girlfriend. Because of your interviews and tours and I don't even know what." After a moment of silence she continued. "And I think maybe she was right."

"What? No, Nini-"

"I don't want to just wait until you make time for me in your busy schedule." the girl said with tears in her eyes. "I can't just wait."

"What do you mean?"

"I want to be someone's everything, not just a part of someone's busy life." she started to cry because she already knew that their conversation today would not end well.

"You are my everything." he told her. "Nini I love you."

"I am, but I'm not, right?" she shook his head.

"I- I don't understand." he said, fearing that he might lose the brunette.

Nini took a deep breath. "I want to be with someone who puts our relationship first. With someone who will come to my house at three in the morning when I have a nightmare and I'm afraid to go back to sleep or someone who will talk to me all night when I can't fall asleep. Or just someone who will always be there for me." she cried. "And that's you Ricky. But it's not Richard."

"But I am Ricky. Richard Bowen is just someone the fans know but that's not who I am."

"No, that's the thing." A big tear fell from her eye. "As soon as you get back to California you're Richard again. Suddenly you don't have time for me. I- I called you a million times and you never picked up."

"This week was super busy but-

"Every week of your life is like that!" she interrupted him crying. "And I don't want to just sit at home and wait for your call."

"What are you trying to say?" Ricky asked, afraid of what she would answer.

"I think we shouldn't try if it won't last anyway. We will only hurt each other." she told him, her voice shaking.

"Come on, you're not serious, are you?"

"I fell in love with Ricky, who is the best boy a girl could wish for. And for which I would even leave my father's restaurant and move to Los Angeles." she smiled at him with tears rolling down her cheeks. "But someone who falls in love with Richard must know that his career and manager with his manipulation are also part of him. Someone like Lily who can understand. But I don't understand it."

"Nini, I don't want to lose you." he shook his head and one big tear fell from his eye.

"I wish you the best. Seriously. I want you to be successful because you are the best singer I know." the girl told him. "Let's just enjoy these last two weeks and then come back to reality."

"Nini don't do this." Ricky took her hand. "We love each other."

The brunette smiled and placed her other hand on his cheek. "I know we do." she nodded. "But sometimes love just isn't enough." after this sentence she turned and started walking away from the boy.

Ricky stayed there for a few more minutes just crying. She cried all the way home too. Neither of them could sleep that night because of the sadness of having just lost the person they love.

.

well that just happened...

i hope you are not angry, remember that the story is not over yet!

love ya Sof♡