Lay Me Down Chapter 36

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Wake up sleepy head,” I heard him yell. I groaned and rolled over burying my head under the covers. I heard him laugh. “Lizzie, wake up,” Carter said as he pulled the covers. I tightened my grip trying to keep hold of them but he was obviously stronger than me. He stole the covers and I glared at him. “Don’t give me that look.”

 I dropped the façade and moaned. “What time is it? Why are you torturing me?”

“Come on, get up and get ready. I got a surprise," he said right before exiting the room.

“I hate you,” I yelled at him.

“Whatever, you love me,” he retorted. I got up and went to take a shower. Once I was finished and had covered my body with clothes I met Carter in the living room.

“You ready," he asked sitting on the couch.

“Yup.”

“Let’s go,” he said getting up. We exited and he locked the door behind me.

“So what’s the surprise?”  

“Why would I tell you what the surprise is?”

“I don’t know,” I muttered.

“You’ll see when we get there.” 

I groaned and sat back impatiently waiting for my surprise. I stared out the window as we passed by many places. I really needed to get back on my feet soon. I was still having the withdrawals but they didn’t occur as much and came less frequently. Carter still had to help me through them so I wouldn’t lose it. I was really lucky to have him, because without him I would have gave up months ago.

I watched as Carter turned into a familiar neighborhood and we passed my familiar houses and then I realized where we were. We were back in his old neighborhood.

“Are we going to your mom’s house?” He nodded. “Carter! Why didn’t you tell me? How do I look?” I said pulling down the mirror and checking my reflection. “They aren’t going to want to see me; they are going to be mad.”  

“No, they won’t. They love you, Lizzie, I promise you that they won’t be mad.” 

I inhaled a deep breath and then exhaled. I had a feeling that he was wrong. They were going to be mad at me for ignoring them all those years back. Carter pulled up into the driveway and got out of the car but I stayed in my seat.

“Get out of the damn car Lizzie,” he said coming to my side and pulling me out.  We reluctantly walked up to the door and Carter twisted the knob but it was locked so he knocked. I heard the knob rattle and then the door being unlocked. The door opened revealing Carmen.

“ Ca— Lizzie? “ She said enveloping me in a hug. I embraced her back. Carter laughed.

“Hey Carmen,” I muttered into her shoulder.