Chapter 30 - Ineezmy

'Thoughts'
"Speak"
"???'s speech"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, you finally made it. All these years, come rain or storm, the crux fleet has never suffered a delay. If it were anyone else, I might've set sail already." Beidou said as you all walked up to her. You had just been freshly woken up, while Zaicim didn't sleep all night like the menace he was. It was the next day, and also time for your trip to inazuma. "Apologies, captain!" Aether said while Beiodu chuckled. "Aha, don't look to serious, I'm only joking. You're just on time, the crew had just finished making final preparations." Beidou explained.

"Well, now that everyone's here, we set sail for the land engulfed in storm and tempest. The nation of eternity." She said as she turned around to look out at the sea, her back towards you. "Anchors aweigh!" Paimon said excitedly. You watched as Beidou walked away and heard the sound of anchors splashing and raising from the sea. The sails opened up as wind pushed against them, and you felt the ship begin to turn and move as the large paddles on each side of the ship began to move and splash in the water.

You felt the wind pick up and tossle your fur. You jumped up onto the rails of the ship and saw the land of liyue harbour slowly becomeing smaller and smaller. You watched as it slowly turned into nothing but ocean all around, endless, empty, deep... dark... You shook you head and jumped down. Now was not the time to be bothered by your deep water and swimming fear. The weather seemed to be okay for now. The wind was a bit salty, but that was to be expected. You watched as people moved back and forth, carrying large boxes or to do something.

You walked to the front where Beidou was, while Zaicim and Aether went exploring. "Ahhh, the wimdy breeze and open seas is just as exhileratinh as ever..." She said as she stretched her arms up. "How funny would it be if I just teleported to inazuma." She turned her head to look down at you when you meowed. " Oh? You enjoying the view too, eh?" She asked. You walked forward to the edge to see the ocean. You looked down and saw the that it was endless. There was no floor, it was deep, dark, and endless. You wanted to step back, but you couldn't. Not even when you heard the upcoming storm and thunder.

The waves grew larger, rocking the ship while Beidou gave commands for the storm. You looked out at the ocean as a pit formed in your stomach. You felt someone pock you up, and you blinked when you felt their warm embrace. You looked up and saw Zaicim bringing you over to sit with him on a pile of crates while everyone dealt with the storm. You curled up in his lap to face him, your back turned to the storm and the ocean as you buried yourself into her clothes. Your ear twitched when you heard the sound of more humans crying out for mercy and explosions as buildings collided. You could feel the electro in the air suddenly spike as you heard a loud cry. The person continued to sob, but you tuned out the sound as you did with the rest of the chaos. Your mother picked you up as she walked away from the crime scene.

A single drop of glowing gold dripped from your eye and sunk into the ground. "Serve without hesitance, assist without fail. I shall take the seat and you may slumber."

~~~~~

You slowly opened your eyes and saw that the sky was a light shade of pink and had hues of red over the horizon. The wind was calm and you stood up from Zaicim's lap to jump onto the railings. You saw the port of ritou up ahead, maple trees scattered around, the light of the sunset shining against the red leaves. Eventually, the ship docked and you all followed Beidou onto the wooden docks. Aether and Paimon looked around at the port in awe, while Zaicim was too busy trying to not step on the NNBs to admire the scenery.

A blonde man dressed in red and black sat on a pile of crates, flipping a coin up and down in his hand. His emerald eyes lit up in excitement when he noticed you, and instantly jumped off and ran towards you. "Ahoy there!" He said as he waved his hand at you all. "So, you finally made it? You sure kept me waiting captain." He said as you walked over to him. "Thomato." He looked down at you as you sat on his foot. "Awwww, and who is this lovely friend you have?" He asked as he bent down to pet you. "Hah! They seem to like you already, not often they walk up and sit on people." Beidou said amused.