2.2

»»»

"My brain's melting," Cassandra mumbled as she laid her head on the table. A soft groan escaping her lips when feeling Taehyung poking her scalp with his pen.
"Told you, you don't have to help me," he said. Peeking at her with a soft smile before redirecting his concentration to the tests in front of him.
"No, no, it's alright," she sighed and sat up straight again. Picking up her pen and the correction sheet with all the answers to the questions. Continuing where she had left.

"10) Name four examples of perfect consonances."

"You sure?" He arched a brow at her. A glimpse of worry in his warm eyes. Observing her eyes scimming over the answers and ticking the correct ones. "You really don't have to help me."
Cassandra nodded vigorously though. She was determined now. She wanted to finish her pile, simply not being the type to leave something unfinished -unless it was a really bad ending to an otherwise great story. "It's alright," she said with an ensuring smile, showing off her teeth for extra emphasis. "There aren't many tests left and this way you'll finish much faster." She paused, before mumbling under her breath, "And this way we can watch the film."
He snorted, shaking his head amused. He appreciated her help in correcting the pile of tests all afternoon. He really did. After all it was two different ones, one from the eighth graders and one from the ninth graders. So over fourty tests in total. And she had noticed his distress when meeting him at the nursery earlier and offered her help without thinking twice. He assumed she was regretting this by now and simply didn't want to admit it. But even if so, he still appreciated it. This was one of the reasons he loved her after all. That she always cared for others and wanted to help them. "What film is it anyway?" he asked then. Putting his signature under a finished test sheet before picking up the next one.
"Hm, not sure myself," she said when handing the test sheet she had been correcting for him to sign. "It's from the '80s I think and by Scorcese."
"Scorcese," he repeated with a hum, putting his signature under her test. He didn't really need to have a look-over. She had the sheet with all the right answers after all and he saw her double-checking everything before ticking anything, so he trusted her. "So is it a thriller?"
She shook her head as she picked her penultimate test. "I don't think so. The plot sounded rather weird and.. funny?" His thick brows rose, nodding understandingly. 

Cassandra giggled then as she encircled a wrong answer. "I swear, after correcting for two hours I can answer you every question by heart," she grinned smugly at him. Holding her chin up.
"Oh really?" he laughed out and picked the piece of paper from in front of her. He cleared his throat theatrically then as his eyes tried to settle on one of the questions.
"Alright. Name me perfect dissonances."
Her forehead creased as she carefully brooded over it. Trying remembering them. "One was 'tritones'?"
"Is that an answer or a question?" he smirked. Making her scoff audibly. "Really?" she grimaced, "You use these old tricks? Teachers used to say this back in my school days."
He furrowed his brows. "You make it sound like your school days were thirty years ago," he teased. "Are you that old?"
For a moment she just stared at him dead in the eye before dismissing his last statement completely. "Anyway, 'tritones' is surely one."
"Correct," he nodded, "And which others?"
She hummed in concentration, tapping her finger at the table. "Minor seconds.. and.."
His eyes widened, being genuinely surprised she actually got another one right. However, she seemed to struggle remembering the last one. A stern expression on her squinted eyes.
"Ma-"
"No, don't help me," she interrupted him sternly, "I'll remember it on my own." He pursed his lips and nodded. Finding her stubborness quite cute sometimes. "Major.." He nodded, encouraging her. "Major siii-" She glanced at him as she dragged the 'i', unsure of her answer she hoped to find approval in his face. But his eyes twitched a little so she quickly changed her answer. "Seventh. Major seventh!"
He exhaled, nodding in relief. "Impressive. You remember them. But do you know what they mean?" She huffed before breaking into a giggle. "Obviously not!" Her retort making him laugh. She even made correcting tests entertaining.