Chapter 99: Encounters pt. 3

I believe it was Saturday. The sky is clear from clouds and the sun is shining up at the sky, but not as hot as you think. It's a pleasant warmth that feels comfortable and not burdensome.

It was a peaceful day to do something equally peaceful like enjoying the spring breeze while drinking tea. But of course, I have something scheduled for today.

The Empress had sent an invitation for a tea party in her palace. It was supposed to be yesterday but it got moved.

The tea with the Empress is actually a weekly thing now since three years ago. Sometimes we would only meet twice a month if we're too busy with different affairs. There are times that we wouldn't even get to see each other at all.

But not now, it's a day to visit her again.

"Milady, do you want to wear something pastel or bold?" Erin asked while showing me two different colored dresses.

Geez. Why do we always get so fussy when it comes to dresses? It's not like I have not been meeting Her Majesty for the past years to even be worrying small details like that every time.

They should have been used to it by now...

"Make it light to go with the spring atmosphere," I replied nonetheless.

If I don't choose right away, they would only start debating amongst themselves for hours. And then I would be late.

"Then how about pastel pink?" Amy suggested.

"That looks great! Let's go with that!" Mari eagerly seconded.

In no time, I was being pampered and dressed up.

The ride to the palace was smooth and short. I'm actually kind of feeling excited to meet Auntie because we have not seen each other for over three weeks.

As soon as I got down the carriage, someone appeared right in front of me.

"Yo, Nads!" Eon greeted me with a full-blown grin on his face.

"Oh? Where's my brother?" I inquired while looking around him.

Normally, it would be him and Nathan that would escort me but he's nowhere in sight. It was just Eon.

"Aw come on! Aren't I enough for you? See? I'm also handsome!" This childish mas says while striking poses unbefitting of a vice-captain.

I snorted, "I want my brother's handsome looks, not yours."

"Damn. You're too harsh on me Nads. I thought you missed me..." Eon grumbled while pouting.

My eyes glinted with laughter, "Nope. I didn't."

Eon shook his head, looking solemn while mumbling things like a heartless woman and stuff. I hope it's not about me... I mean, I'm a pretty down to earth kind of woman, you know.

"Anyway, the captain is with Ezekiel right now so he sent me on his behalf," he then informs me as he leads me towards my destination.

I zipped my mouth as I stared at this unbelievable guy.

'Eon, are you sure it's alright to call the Prince like that without an honorary title?'

This bastard sure doesn't change...

"If someone hears you, you'll be dead," I warned him and glanced at the knights stationed around.

"Ah, why? You call him by his name too!" Was his idiotic reply.

"Because we're cousins," I declared as a matter of factly.

"And we're friends, so it's fine!"

'No, it's not, you dumb ass...'

At least in my case, I only call him that when no one is around to hear it. While this man is saying it on the castle grounds...

Well, it's not like he will listen to me anyway. Judging from that carefree smile on his face, there's no helping it anymore.

I internally sighed.

'I'm used to this. There is nothing I can do to change the way he is.'

"You should visit the palace regularly," Eon then said.

A brow raised from me, "Why would I do that?"

"So you could see me," and then he winked at me afterward.

I'm speechless.

One thing that hadn't changed about him is how shameless he is sometimes.

"I don't want to see you though?" I countered.

Eon then clutched the part of his chest where his heart is like he was hurt.

"Nads, why are you so mean to me?"

"I'm not being mean..."

"You are! I'm handsome and strong, why don't you like me back?" He grumbled and pouted some more.

This guy...

He's like a little child! How can he be the Vice-Captain?

I lightly shook my head. Eon and his jokes sometimes...

"Then make me," I responded while smirking at him.

He's openly flirting with me, so who am I to not return the favor?

Eon seemed to be taken aback by either my smirk or my words. Who knows...

"Huh?"

"Make me like you back, if you can," I then tore my eyes from him and focused forward.

There was a short pause before I heard his idiotic reply again.

"That's it! I'm going to duel Captain and take his position! Then you will like me back!" He declared with a voice full of vigor.

"Do what you want..."

It's not like he is ever going to win anyway... But I won't say that because he will start throwing tantrums again.

As we were passing by the main hall, a familiar figure was also walking on the opposite side.

He was tall with dark raven hair that almost covered his eyes, and he's also wearing dark clothes.

His eyes suddenly flew to me which made me jolt in surprise. He was still far away but the impact was already great as if he's in front of me.

'W-wwhhaaa Why is Lukas here?'

I'm seeing almost all the main characters lately by accident, what is happening?

"Oh! It's the Duke!" Eon exclaimed.

"Y-you know him?" I whispered and glanced at him.

"Of course! He's very infamous around here, don't you know? He's 26 but he's already a duke."

"Ahhh... That was him..." I said in a fake act of not knowing him when I clearly do.

"And he's pretty strong too. I could feel it," Eon then looked at me with sparkling eyes, contrary to what he's saying-- "My spine crawls whenever those eyes of his look at me you know."

Honestly, same...

But Eon sure does sound like he likes him or something...

There was no time to say something further because he had already gotten close to us, and Eon was already greeting him.

"Your grace."

"Hmm..." Lukas nodded. His electric purple eyes then were focused on me and I was starting to sweat like crazy.

It reminded me of the encounter two days ago. That same intense orbs that looked like they're staring straight at your soul.