Chapter 103: A Wild Rose Appears

"Oh my," the Empress gasped as she looked at the both of us back and forth.

I have no idea what she was thinking but I would bet that it's troublesome.

"Then let's get to know each other on the eve of the ball, Lord Janus," I offered while smiling.

Nope. Please don't.

On that very same ball, I plan to watch at the sidelines and do nothing. Yes. That's it. I will take everything to heart and gaze at the aquarium in front of me.

If Estelle would proceed as per the novel, she would certainly strike a deal with Lukas. That is something I am looking forward to.

Moreover, I would bet that if I acquaint myself with him longer, the fire around me would blaze even more.

I'm already the talk of the town right now as it is, and being seen with him would just make me transcend up in the clouds, don't you think so?

Janus saw my indulging smile and let out his own. It was the type that looks more like a grin and a smirk at the same time. Hell, did it do wonders to his face.

'Ahkk. Him and Ezekiel truly have the upper hands when they smile huh.'

"I will see you there then," Janus replied.

It wasn't said as a threat but why did it sound like that to me? Now I am trapped between feeling excited and anxious for the said night.

'It's not like something would happen during that time...'

I won't think about it anymore. For the reason that, the more I keep thinking of it, the more likely it would occur. I am a walking jinx after all.

---**

I'm back at the mansion, looking like I didn't come to the palace and had tea, but more like I climbed a mountain and crossed the entire sea.

Exaggerated, but that's how I really felt.

"I can't believe I met Janus and Lukas on the same day..."

It was meant to be a whisper but it might have been spoken out loud, judging from the curious gaze Erin had sent me.

"Milady, the Founding Ball is fast approaching. Does the lady have a dress ready?" Mari asked while she brushed my hair.

'Ah, right. The ball...'

"I was also curious because the lady seemed to not be thinking about it," Amy seconded.

Dress. It's the most crucial thing for a noblewoman, especially to young ladies like me. Mostly, the aristocrats would have their orders filed months in advance. Thus, they would have no problem getting it before the said event.

As for me. I wasn't that crazy for dresses which is why I could care less about it. Only, Adele kept making one and sending it to me, from the designs I have given from her. They were all exclusive of course, and nobody is wearing the same styles as mine.

This is why everyone watches me like a hawk, especially during occasions. They are all anticipating what Nadia will be wearing next.

'Such a pain...'

I grumbled internally. Dress is not really my concern because I have tons of them. My maids though, don't want me to wear them twice and they were all raging about my dignity and all.

Fair enough, but it's such a pain. If I won't wear them for more than once, what would it amount to? It will be useless, won't it? It would only accumulate spiderwebs if it's stuffed inside my closet the whole time.

"Well, I have a lot of them so it won't be a problem," I answered.

Plus, Adele might have been cooking up something for me, who knows...

There was a knock on the door and Freesia went to fetch whoever it was.

"Milady, a letter from Lady Riviere had arrived," she then told me while holding the envelope out.

I took it from her and unhurriedly opened it, pulling the message inside. One quick scan and I already know what it was.

Gwen was both inviting Bea and I to go to the Capital so we could check about the dresses we were going to wear on the Ball. I could decline it because I have nothing to check anyway, but then again, it is still an opportunity for us to get together.

I hummed in approval before I formally wrote back to her, agreeing with the plan. One of our messengers would then send it to the Riviere household.

If only I have a messenger bird then this type of thing would be a piece of cake...

'I want a bird...'

---**

The next day, the three of us met at Adele's boutique. This was the first time that I came here since three years ago. I remember that we came here to get our hunting clothes done.

Pretty nostalgic...

Though when we came, there were quite a number of people too and the majority of them were women.

There were even who were waiting outside, wanting to get in and probably purchase something.

"We came at such a bad time..." Bea muttered at my side as she watched the gathered crowd.

"Oh, dear. How are we going to get in?" Gwen also remarked, her face contorting in worry.

I glanced at the crowd again. We were still at the other side so none of them had not seen us yet. I could honestly use my privilege to directly come in anytime but what would that look like?

"It's fine, I think. I have uhh... exclusive membership here," I told them this.

The two of them then blinked at me in unison, seemingly surprise from the information I just said.

"Membership? There's a thing like that?" Gwen's round eyes sparkled in curiosity.

'No. I just made that up.'

"Yeah, but they're very limited. Like very very," I emphasized, "Let's go."

As to not have them throw more questions, I went ahead of them so they would have no choice but to follow. Or else, they would get swallowed by the crowd.

"Excuse us," I loudly announced to the group. They were kind of blocking our way and hounding the front of the establishment.

Those who have heard it turned to look at who it was, then saw our small group and immediately partened like the sea. Of course, every last one of them started gossiping at each other.

That's where they are most good at, apparently.

"It's them..." someone whispered.

"Lady Nadia..." an awed noblewoman uttered while staring at me.

I glanced at her, giving her my signature side-smile before finally walking past them. I heard a gasp from the crowd and some more whispers, definitely stunned from what I just did.

Those reactions seemed normal to me now. I had thought about this in the past and surely, if I were to be born as a man, I would be popular with the ladies like now. And I would have no trouble finding one at all.

Is this how the guys feel like when they are being admired by the lot?

The guard at the door saw us approaching and instantly opened the door, which only heightened the crowd's blabberings. I could care less though and just thanked the guard instead before the three of us went inside with no trouble.

The noblewomen who were already in the shop had all turned to look at the newcomers, and some of them were even familiar.

"Oh? I didn't know that Adele is still accepting customers at this hour," a pink-haired woman uttered at the side. She was sitting comfortably on one of the visitor's couches with her usual band of girls with her.

My lips curled at the sides.

"Lady Rosamunde..."