61 | funeral & second choice

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW something that'll make you hate malcom stewart more than you already do?

one night indie was not able to sleep at all, she would walk to her parents room every two minutes and still sleep never came over her.

she would bug and bug until she left them with no sleep as well.

so at five am, malcom had grabbed his daughter by the shoulder threw her in the back of his car and drove to the nearest thing she was afraid of.

the ocean.

now this was long before the incident but what seven year old isn't afraid of the ocean?

"i'm sorry!" she screams trying to kick the car door open.

"i have had it up till here indie!" he holds up his hand showing her.

"i have work tomorrow! you can't keep doing this!" he screams opening her door and carrying her over the sand.

"no! no! please." she begs while crying.

"i don't wanna go, please i don't wanna go." indie holds her palms together as if she was praying to him.

the man had no emotion.

and just like that she was placed into the freezing december water.

her screams where heard from the people living by the beach.

indigo knew that if she tried to get out she would be sent right back and she didn't think the effort was healthy enough.

her teeth clanking against each other and fingers starting to shake along with her whole body. her hair was freezing cold and lips purple like her name.

an hour.

that is how long a father kept his daughter in the freezing ocean for.

how could someone be so heartless.

when she got out she could have barely even walked because of her numb feet.

he refused to carry her.

so there seven year old indie limped her way to the car, at times even crawling while crying cold tears.

matt sturniolo pulled his way into the driveway he's been to at least four times.

heart pounding while getting his speech ready to the girl.

fixing his hair, clearing his throat, he knocked on the door.

and it was swung completely open.

jolene dawson.

"hi." she breaths out.

matt doesn't answer letting himself in.

setting down on the couch softly.

"go on." his finger taps on his watch.

"what crazy explanation do you have." he rolls his eyes.

jolene bites the inside of her cheek.

"i dont have to explain-" she was cut off.

"yeah you do." matthew snarled.

"let me finish, i don't have to explain because you already know." her hands hold in defense.

matt turned confused.

"what do i know, that your a cheater." he rubbed his head.

jolene stayed quiet looking to her shoes.