six

112 AC

112 AC

The roar of the crowd was almost deafening as their horses thundered towards one another. Valaenyra braced herself for the crash as Gwayne Hightower managed to knock Daemon's lance. She could tell that Daemon was getting furious as he picked up another lance from his squire and continued to thunder his horse toward his opponent.

They are facing each other once again but Daemon pulled a dirty move and tripped the boy's horse which made the boy to face-planted to the ground. Definitely gave him a major injury to the face, not that he was particularly good-looking but it was still a shame.

Alicent was looking at her brother worriedly, hoping that he would recover faster and his wounds won't leave a scar. Well, Daemon could do whatever he wanted to do, even playing dirty but at least he won.

Daemon throttled his horse toward the royal box and stopped right in front of Rhaenyra and Valaenyra. He glanced up at the royal box and saw Valaenyra smiling at him. Rhaenyra stood up from her seat and walked closer toward her uncle but Valaenyra stayed seated.

"Nicely done, Uncle," Rhaenyra complimented him.

"Thank you, Princess," he replied.

Daemon glanced at Valaenyra who has stood up in his seat to stare at their interaction, she gave him a playful wink as she gestured her head toward Alicent.

A smile dangled on the corner of his lips before he turned his attention towards Alicent Hightower, "Now, I'm fairly certain I can win these games, Lady Alicent. Having your favor would all but assure it."

Alicent smiled shyly at him for that she got the famous prince's attention. She walked back to her seat to take her trinket and as she looked up, she saw the disappointment in her father's eyes which made her look downwards in sadness. But nonetheless gave her favor to Daemon hesitantly.

"Good luck, my Prince."

Daemon threw a wink towards Valaenyra as he saw Otto Hightower's expression before throttling off.

As Daemon walked away Valaenyra saw Otto whisper something to Viserys from the corner of her eyes, which made her worry. Viserys stood up from his chair and excused himself from the royal box which prompted Valaenyra to follow him but only to be stopped by Viserys, himself.

"Is my sister alright, Your Grace?" she asked the King, eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"She's alright, Valaenyra. She was just asking for me, you can continue watching the tourney," Viserys said as he dismissed her and walked out of the royal box.

Daemon leaned against one of the supporting posts to observe the upcoming joust and the royal box, he saw Valaenyra talking to his brother and then sitting back down on her chair with a worried expression.

Despite everything he continued to watch the match in front of him, hoping that maybe if he won this whole tourney it will bring a smile to Valaenyra's face once again.

The next few matches of the tourney had Valaenyra gripping her chair in disgust as she saw how rowdy and full of violence it is. Men can never not be violent she concluded, it was even worse if their pride was agonized. Still, she couldn't abandon the thought of her sister and what was happening.

"Ser Criston Cole will now tilt against Ser Daemon Targaryen, Prince of the City!" the Master of Revels announced in excitement which induced cheering from the crowd as they couldn't wait to see their prince fighting.

His horse thundered towards his opponent once again as their lances were pointed to one another. Daemon's lances managed to knock off his opponent's before Ser Criston Cole took another lance from his squire then took off again.

However, Valaenyra couldn't concentrate on the current joust fully as she was worried about her sister. So she stood up and walked out, determined to reach her sister and maybe calm her down until the baby could be delivered.

Valaenyra walked at a fast pace, going from hallway to hallway until she heard screams and pleas from her sister's chamber. She quickly ran while holding her dress and then just slammed the door open.

The slamming of the door startled the people in the room, but no one was as shocked as Valaenyra. She screamed in horror as she saw that they had her sister restrained while cutting her stomach open.

"Valaenyra!" Aemma cried out loud. "Please help me!"

Another loud cry escaped her sister as she screamed from all the pain she was going through. Valaenyra managed to knock off one of the attendants who was holding her sister.

Her new ring managed to inflict pain on him, as she pried his hands off her sister. Blood dripped from his hand as he howled in pain, it seemed that the claw for the ring was sharp, very sharp.

"I don't want to die, Valaenyra!" Aemma cried as she looked deep into her sister's eyes but the pain was too much.

Another attendants in the room managed to call the guards in which Viserys ordered them to drag Valaenyra away. Valaenyra seemed to be struggling with the guards. They are trying to hold her back as she battled against them, no doubt desperate to get everyone off her sister.

"No! Aemma!" Valaenyra screamed out at the guards. "Get your fucking hands off me!"

Yet she was too late as the grand maester began to finish off the procedure, all she can hear were the wails and screams of her sister that was full of anguish.

She managed to push one of the guards into the wall, before trying to run to her sister again.

In the tourney, Daemon managed to overthrow Ser Criston and looked up at the crowd who was hollering at him.

He made the mistake of glancing up to the royal box and found no Valaenyra in sight. She was not clapping at him with satisfaction or watching him in contentment, she was just not there. She did not see his fight and how he was winning.

He went down as Ser Criston managed to take him down with his flail. At the same time, as Valaenyra ran to her sister's side, the other guards managed to catch her and kept on dragging her out of the room.

Even when the guards finally managed to drag Valaenyra out of the room, she continued to fight back. She was sure there will be bruises along her arms tomorrow.

It was only when the cries and screams of her sister were silent and came to a cry of a baby that Valaenyra broke down, she stopped struggling against the guard and fell to the ground.

Her sister was dead. Her beloved sister who nurtured her, protected her, and has always been there for her ever since she was little is dead. All because she was doing her duty, and her husband was a cunt who always begged for an heir when he already got Rhaenyra or Daemon.

Her sister was dead, and Valaenyra had no one.

author note
I'm so sad for valaenyra right now :'( her will to live had just diminish... wonder what daemon would do???

don't forget to vote, and comment for more.