Chapter 18: The Wedding, Part 2:

O.K people here is Chapter 18. I hope you love it just as much as I do. For me this is my favourite chapter so far. I loved writing it, it took a long time but I enjoyed every single minute. I hope all of u can feel the joy I felt writing it.

Once again, I want to thank you for all your support. And please don’t be stingy with your VOTES and COMMENTS if you like this chapter.

Believe me feedback is very important for me, I am a very lazy writer, and I only get the impulse to share my work when I feel like someone is reading it. For the last few days I have really felt like interest in the novel has waned, so if u think something is lacking plz tell me now.

CHAPTER 18:

THE WEDDING PART 2:

“Is he looking this way?”

“No……..No Lady Sarah, the Laird is not paying us any attention.”

Yeah right! Sarah thought, the hesitation in Benedict’s voice was more than proof enough to the contrary.

This was just great, now what should she do? She had delayed the whole thing a few hours or so and even that was getting difficult to do now. Benedict had handed her a life line earlier when he had asked her and the wolf if they wanted to commune with him before the wedding vows.

The Laird had merely eyed Benedict with that bland expression of his as if he thought the little man was crazy. But Sarah had pounced on the opportunity. Anything to delay the wedding, she had thought at the time.

But now two hours later and she was becoming increasingly aware of the fact that Benedict was getting just a bit antsy.

She couldn’t really blame the poor guy; after all he was the one facing the Highlander’s waiting about impatiently a little distance away. All Sarah had in front of her were the tall trees, with their leaves rustling softly in the breeze.

They sat on the ground, with their backs to one another in a clearing in the forest, under the guise of carrying out a confession.

This was a far cry from those confessions they did in Churches, though her only familiarity with the concept had come from myriad TV and movie references, usually making fun of the whole thing. If only that damn barbarian had agreed to a confession, his sins would have easily run into next week. Hers unfortunately weren’t quite so impressive, apart from the odd cat fight here or there, there wasn’t much to confess.

“I am sorry this is taking so long, Benedict.”

“Do not worry Lady Sarah, take all the time you need.” He assured her, Sarah had a feeling he knew this wasn’t about the confession aspect of the exercise at all. She needed time to assimilate her feelings and Benedict had decided to stand by her even though he was more than a little terrified of the Highlander’s.

Bless him Sarah thought; Benedict was such an amazing friend. She knew how nervous he was; she could hear the underlying tremor in his voice every time he spoke to her. And it made her feel just a little bit guilty about making him go through this. Sooner or later she would have to end this insane tete-tete; but she had been delaying the moment by ten minutes for the last hour, and time was most definitely running out.

Sarah was sure that bully was staring at them with the trademark scowl on his face. If only there was a way out of this mess, some way to escape. Sarah tried to go over her options once again.

But she didn’t really have any.

She could try making a run for it, but she doubted very much she would get anywhere. She was sitting in the middle of no where. Sarah ran her gaze around her looking for a way out; she was surrounded on all sides by spooky looking tall trees encircling the small clearing. And to add insult to injury she wasn’t even dressed for trudging through a forest, hell she doubted she would make it anyway, she was a city girl, it was the urban jungle she was used to.