46- Let me take you away

Today feels like such a long day. I have been journeying all throughout and my body is extremely tired.

Unable to keep my eyes open, I doze off.

I don't know how long I was passed out but...I wake up from a loud scream followed by the cry of a horse.

I open my eyes in shock to find that the carriage has come to a stop.

"What is going on?" I call out to the driver but there is no answer.

I get out to take a look but what I see makes my heart drop instantly.

Outside the carriage, lies the body of the dead driver and the horse.

And before them stands a man with a sword dyed red with their blood.

His red eyes are oddly calm as they look down at the dead body before slowly looking up at me.

His gaze changed into a loving one as it falls upon me...

"I have finally found you Carrie".

"Eric...!" I gasp with shock.

No...No way...! What is he doing over here? Wasn't he supposed to be in Karlos? It takes so long to get here from Karlos how did he even find me here??

My eyes fall on the dead body of the driver and the animal carcass that he killed and fear starts to cloud my heart... He doesn't even hesitate once before killing people, what kind of a monster he is!

I look around for anyone who can help, but it looks like we are in the middle of the woods. The driver probably took the shortcut to the Vorsack Mansion and unluckily these woods are always empty!

Now what the fuck am I supposed to do?

Hundreds of thoughts are racing in my mind but I'm unable to find any words to speak.

Instead Eric speaks up...

"I crossed countless miles, dyed these hands red with blood, just to reach you..."

He starts approaching me making my heart beat louder with his every step...

Unconsciously, I step backwards...

"But... Caroline....you..."

A strange darkness falls over his face.

"You...Betrayed me..."

I gasp with shock when those blood red eyes meet mine, they are burning with an unusual rage, one that would refuse to calm down without bloodshed!

"What do you mean...?" I ask nervously.

"You broke your promise, Carrie" he creeps even closer.

"What promise? I don't know what you are talking about?" I try to stay calm but my voice cracks up.

Then without a warning, he flashes forward and stops right in front of me with magic steps. Magic steps helps one move at a godly speed. I think that is the only explanation as to how he reached here so fast.

"7 years ago...You promised not to leave by my side...You promised to stay with me! Wealth, power status, I have gathered everything for you...yet you went to that fucking bastard?"

He raised his sword high making me flinch...!

But unlike my worries he only puts his sword back into the sheath.

Then reaching his bold hands towards me he caresses my face gently with them. His lips curled up into a smile but his eyes are empty, soulless, as if something inside of him has broken deeply.