⨍ᨵׁׅꭈׁׅ ꫀׁׅܻtׁׅꫀׁׅܻꭈׁׅꪀׁׅꪱׁׅtׁׅᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ - ᥊ׁׅ

"M-my archon! Please! Allow me to explain myself!...", Miko pleaded as she held back tears. Ei sighed and created a Baleful Omen over Miko's vision, locking it. Meaning, if Miko had the Omen written over her, she couldn't use her vision.

"Explain yourself, then. Your explanation better be reasonable, otherwise, you know what will happen next.", Ei threatened. Miko nodded slightly and got to stand up. A moment of silence struck between the two, before the kitsune opened her mouth. She tried her best to find better words to use, yet she still struggled to make meaningful sentences.

"So What you're saying is that you tried to kill my entire nation so I would notice the 'sacrifices' you do for me?" Ei asked. Yae went silent, she realized how dumb the idea sounded only now. She truly felt guilty, until she realized what started all the nonsense.

"Most of them, yes... The first incident was... Different...", Miko told. She took a step closer to Ei, who in return took a step back.

"You mean the death of Arataki-who, don't you?", Ei asked. The kitsune slightly giggled at the nickname but nodded as an answer.

"You don't understand how poorly the man was talking about you. He claimed that he could've overthrown you, the God of eternity herself! Hearing it all made my blood boil, I couldn't stand listening to it...", Miko ranted.

Ei looked at the ground, when suddenly a nostalgic shiver rushed down her spine. It felt like a thousand voices were screaming in her head to not do what her brain tells her to.

"All actions must have consequences... No matter how bitter they feel...", Ei told herself. Miko froze on her place and nodded silently. She got on her knees in front of the archon and didn't dare to look up.

"Please... My archon... I am sorry for everything... I have learned from my mistakes... I will-... I will never... Ever... Consider doing things like those again...", Miko whimpered under her tears. No matter how much Ei hated it, she felt bad for the kitsune.

"I'm begging you... Please-... Please let me live... Please let me stand beside you... My goddess...", Miko said and slightly raised her head. Ei let out a long sigh. She raised her hand over Miko's head. Ei truly pitied her. It was almost like the following moment had happened before, so many times. A part of her wanted to make a change. The kitsune just closed her eyes shut and let out a quiet sob.

"If this really is the end of me... I wish that a memory of me-... May be with you... Until the day your eternity ends...", She whispered out of her mouth. She was the readiest to face her doom, but...

Nothing happened.

Miko opened her eyes, purely shocked. She looked around and found herself in the Chinju Forest. She could hear blades hitting each other, couldn't be too far. Some yelps of pain coming from here and there, yet she couldn't see anyone.

Miko looked at her hand and tried to use the power of electro, it worked. She understood that Ei had gotten rid of the Omen above her.

"You wish to stay beside me until the end of my eternity ends?", Ei's voice said somewhere. Miko turned around and saw her god standing almost in front of her. She immediately noticed the Musou No Hitotachi in Ei's hand, covered in blood.

"Y-... Yes, my archon...", the kitsune replied, in a loss for words. Ei offered the other a hand to stand up. Yae accepted the offer and stood up, staring at the woman in front of her. Ei placed a hand on the kitsune's cheek and took a step closer to her. Miko closed her eyes and lowered her head slightly. Instead, Ei lifted her head up and gave the kitsune a gentle kiss. It did last some time, until Ei pulled away stroked the kitsune's cheek. Miko couldn't move. She stared at the archon with a love-struck look and couldn't help but smile.

"Then allow this day to be a new start for everything." Ei said.

"This is only the beginning of our eternity."