27

short chapter ;)

Harry Styles

"I need you to do me a favour." I stand in front of Liam.

Backwards hat on, he looks up at me from his laptop.

"What?"

"I need you to connect Mei's restaurant landline to my room so I know when the store gets a call."

He furrows his brows from his seat on the couch.

"What?"

"I told her I would help with the phones after hours. But I don't wanna sit in her office all night."

"You want me to install a landline in your room?"

"Yeah."

"Can't, barely any service down here and no phone jack." He turns back to his laptop. "We live in a concrete box if you've forgotten. We're lucky we have regular outlets."

"Well, can you hook something up in my room so I know when the phone rings? I don't mind running up to grab it."

"Like what?"

"An alarm or a light?"

"That's a lot more work on my part." He grumbles.

"I promised Mei."

"Why would you promise something you can't fulfil?"

"Can you do it or not?" I get frustrated with the back and forth.

"It's going to take me all day. You seriously want a big light to go off in your room every time the restaurant gets a call? That feels really annoying."

"Yep." I head into the kitchen.

"Since when did you become so invested in the store?"

"I'm just trying to help her out." I grab a sucker off the counter.

In reality, I gave you the phone number to the store, Av. I don't want to miss if you call. You probably won't. But you might.

"And somehow I have to do all this work for something you will get all the credit for." He mumbles under his breath.

I sit down next to him on the couch.

Louis emerges from this room in his boxers. He covers his eyes with his arm and blindly stumbles over to the bathroom.

"You're up early." I start sucking on my candy.

"Yeah, it's only ten."

He gets into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him.

At the same time, I hear the door at the top of the stairs open, incoming Niall down the steps with a cigarette between his lips and a milk crate of stuff in his hands. His eyes turn to us as he enters, red backward hat keeping the hair from his face.

"Where the fuck have you been at this time?"

"And what is all the stuff?"

"I was snagging a couple of things around town." He mumbles between the cigarette, placing the crate down.

Liam and I both sit up straight, looking into the crate.

"Is that a video camera?"

"Yep," he blows smoke out the corner of his mouth. "Camera, tripod, batteries, tapes."

"Why?" I dig through the crate.

"You makin' another porno?" Liam adds.

"Nope, I've been fucking around with a little plan the past few days. One that you, Harry, might be pleased with." Niall smirks, heading towards his room to disappear.