𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃 → 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑

💚

"Uuuhh- what else can I get you!?"

"More medicine? Another pillow? Tissues? A bandaid!?"

"Thanks, but no thanks. Silver, I'm completely fine, honest!"

Silver held all the items he had frantically suggested to his girlfriend, a medicine bottle already half empty from its use beginning just this morning in one hand and a box of fresh tissues in the other, his fingers puncturing the plastic packaging and creasing the cardboard. A pillow was squished under his arm and gasped for air, and a little bandaid flopped in his shaking fingers purposefully stretching away from where the others held the medication.

He felt like a delivery guy who was just trying to do his job, but it was a job no one had asked for. No one had actually ordered anything, but the kindness burning away in his heart simply wished to always be there to provide. Silver's silhouette concealed the lighting bursting from the television happily playing along to itself, and his fuzzy chest deflated in a little sigh.

(Y/n) warmly smiled to him, and Silver could feel his panicked heart become soothed as if the joyous expression massaged every one of his tense veins. He placed the items he could have balanced a large bet upon to be practical at this moment into the comfort of the leather sofa cushion, the bandaid not enjoying the surface and sliding clean off. His shoulders crashed down in a sense of defeat, no knowledge of how to complete this mission that he himself didn't realise didn't need to be completed.

(Y/n) snuggled herself deeper into the leather sofa, almost separating the two cushions from one another for all eternity. A blanket snaked across her shoulders and engulfed her whole body from there downwards, pardon her toes peeking out from where her socked feet met the carpet. A mechanical fan blasted cold air towards her, and Silver mentally raised an eyebrow to this concept plus the blanket.

She had been saying all afternoon she was completely fine, but Silver thought otherwise. Never had he seen her gorgeous face look so pale, drained of passionate shade, and even with her regular makeup spread all across, he could still see grey underneath. Her eyes seemed extracted from vivid (e/c) that would usually stun Silver to breathlessness, and the shadowed bags underneath saddened him to the altruistic core.

(Y/n) saw it as a tiny smudge to the straight line of her week ahead - just a period, pretty much all girls have them. Outside, she seemed to be kitted out with a layer of steel, ready to take on anything with no damage. But through the saturated colouring sucking all the natural zealousness from every part of her body, Silver could tell this attitude was purely for show.

And he would be right. (Y/n) needed more medicine as desparately as any living organism would need fresh water. Another pillow to support her aching lower spine and hips? She'll take two. She would love some tissues to soak up those tears dying to break from the corners of her weakly bloodshot eyes, and maybe the bandaid against the skin of her throbbing stomach might tell her mind the pain was in the past.

Her chest wheezed every time she tried to speak, like her brain's default concentration to this wretched menstrual cycle made her throat and lungs forget how to breathe. She felt weak all over, and she could feel a tingle spreading across her face like her pale complexion was a sensation rather than solely an appearance. Her stomach felt like it had been torn to shreds, the injuries you would imagine to accompany such pain completely absent.

This time of the month is complicated, and it always makes the words you want to say shapeshift into something else as they leave your lips.