362.Trust Her {1}

Baekhyun’s face fell. It was truly expensive…

This was not his first time doing this. However, in the past, his CEO always paid for his food.

He wasn’t sure what went wrong today. He now had to pay out of his own pockets. His gaze shifted onto Lisa, who was being held by the CEO.

Suddenly, he understood the reason. This was the price of being an unwanted third guest.

Unfortunately, he paid more than twenty thousand dollars to learn this lesson.

The restaurant made a ‘please’ gesture to Baekhyun with a smile. “Please proceed to pay.”

Baekhyun helplessly brought his own card out.

When Lisa and Jungkook  left the restaurant, they realised that a lot of reporters had gathered at the entrance. It was clear they knew that the two of them were dining here and had gathered to wait for them.

Across the street, an LED screen display on one of the high-rise buildings was playing a live-broadcast of today’s news.

On the screen, Lilan was shown covered in bandages. She was sitting on the bed with a pale complexion as she gave an interview to the media.

She was covered in tears and was crying. “Lisa, ah. Mom really misses you. I really need you. I don’t need you to be filial, but I only hope for you to visit me in the hospital just once. Just once will do, alright?”

The screen then switched to a different scene as the host spoke, “In the 21st century, no one would expect such an unfilial person to appear in our civilized society. Furthermore, according to the reporter’s understanding, Madam Lee Lilan’s daughter, Lee Lalisa, is a student in the one and only Jing Hua University. Besides being a student, she possesses another important status. She is Jeon Jungkook’s, the mind behind the outstanding Shen Shi Group, fiancée. Logically speaking, considering that Lisa’s status is so important and eye-catching, filial piety is a value she should be upholding. Is it really that difficult to pay a visit to your own birth mother after she has suffered a car accident?”

Lisa paused at the sight of the news. As expected, Lilan had more schemes still up her sleeve.

To think she managed to ‘act’ out such a lowly scene. The nurse’s post was simply an incident where someone else acted as a busybody. This time, Lilan herself stood up to criticise her for being unfilial.

Were they trying to drown her alive with other people’s saliva through this series of attacks?

She lowered her head and tapped on her phone. Currently, the media’s and forums’ criticisms were flooding in even more rapidly than this morning. Did they think she was that easy to bully?

As the live-broadcast caught traction, more than twenty reporters rushed over to surround them. They asked in agitated voices. “Miss Lee, could we have an interview with you?”

Earlier, the bodyguard had noticed something amiss when he was standing guard. He had already informed the CEO and arranged for more hands to be present.

In a blink of an eye, more than twenty bodyguards armed with guns stood in front of Lisa and Jungkook. They prevented the reporters from approaching them.

When the reporters saw this, they naturally did not dare to rush forward.

One of the reporters addressed Bai Qinghao. “CEO Jeon, could I ask you two questions? It won’t take very long?”

He originally thought he would be refused. To his surprise, Jungkook responded expressionlessly. “Please speak.”

He stood with Lisa on the steps. A row of bodyguards kept the reporters beneath the steps. Just from their positions alone, Jungkook was already speaking down to him.

Combined with his dominating, powerful aura, the originally chaotic situation instantly turned quiet with Jungkook’s response.

“CEO Jeon, I’m sure you saw the news earlier. Your fiancée seems… to have a rather questionable character. She isn’t even filial to her own mother. Don’t you have any thoughts about this?”

Jungkook gave Lisa a heavy look. When he turned back to face the cameras, his voice was unfazed.