𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐒 : 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Project Pen Season One

STAGE FOUR REVIEWS

THEME: TEARJERKER

Missed us? Well, we're back, and this time around, we have our writers work on the theme of tearjerker so grab a box of kleenex because these stories will definitely get you in your feelings.

You know the drill, this is only the first part of the review so we'll get to read the stories from our first eight contestants in this batch and the judges' reviews

001.  Ayinkus

002.  OhhVeeohh

003. Your Cryptic Grey

004.  JagunJagun

005. AB Cleo

009.  The Purple Writer

010. Fiyinfoluwa

011. Akira_016

Are we ready for some stories?

AYINKUS

SERIAL NO 001

TITLE: NO WILL

Downcast, a twenty-four-year-old woman sat on the edge of her bathtub, curled her arms around her midriff, and wept silently to herself. It had been like this for the past two weeks since she had her sixth miscarriage.

Was this life? 

Her parent's life was perfect. Their marriage was stable for Twenty-five years and they were still going strong. She was named after a valiant woman. But, she didn't even feel close to it now.  Her eyes fell on the pregnancy test kit again and a deep sob wracked her. The line was glaring at her. It was positive.  

In the same way, it was positive Uduak was going to kill her this time. Her skin went clammy as spots danced before her eyes. She wasn't even sure she had the energy in her to defend herself when he was back from the garage with the weapons. 

She needed to get the letter she had written down before undergoing the test. They were words she couldn't tell her mum on phone. Or even face to face. Hot tears stung her eyes as she drifted into the room and grabbed the letter from the bed, folded it, and slipped it under a heart-shaped lamp that her mother had given her on her birthday two weeks ago. 

Hands shaking, she grabbed her phone and called her mum. She picked up in a matter of seconds. 

"Esti? Darling, how are you?" Her mum's warm voice almost made her melt and spill it all out. But she couldn't. She was sure he listened in on her calls.