Attacked or attack?

Kai sat at the steps grumpily as he sharpened his blade. "Hey Kai..." He stopped, turning around, he faced a familiar black haired boy on crutches. "Cole!" He smiled. He threw his blade on the step and ran towards him.

"I've missed you! It's been forever bro!" He said excitedly, gently hugging him. Cole gave a small smile. "Thanks," he mumbled. "I bet you beat my high score while I was gone." He joked. Kai's face fell, Cole stared. "What?" Kai shuffled his feet reluctant to tell him, "Well the Dojo has actually been burned down." Cole's eyes widened, "What?" His face fell and he looked to the ground. "Sorry Cole." Kai muttered, Cole shook his head. "I should have been there...I could have done something!" Kai shrugged, "I know the feeling." "What are you talking about?" He snapped angrily, "You were there! I was just sitting in a pitch black cell without any idea what was going on!" Cole turned away and began to hobble away.

"You don't get it!" Kai cried running after him although there wasn't much to move as Cole moved at a rather slow pace. "I was out searching for Jay and you even though I was told not to." He shuffled his feet guilty.
Cole sighed, "Oh, sorry." Kai shook his head, "It's alright, you didn't know." He took a moment reflecting that horrible night. The fire burning in front of him, his sister gasping for air in front of him. And all he could do, was run further and further away.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. He narrowed his eyes and glanced at Cole, "That's why I'm going to end those jerks!" he said, full of determination and clenching his fist. Cole stared at him in disbelief, "How? More than half the team is injured! Kai it's impossible." He said that word in a whisper.

"No!" Kai shouted, his anger fuelled by Cole's words. How could his own leader say that? How dare he? "Don't say that! Nothing's impossible! We're the ninja!" Cole stared at Kai coldly, "We're the ninja? Or you're the ninja?" Kai narrowed his eyes and gave a low growl. Glaring right back at Cole's calm yet cold eyes as he held his gaze a while longer. "It's not my fault you got captured." He muttered through gritted teeth."

Cole stared at Kai for a while longer, "After everything together with this team, I'm disappointed you still believe in working alone." And his expression changed, not to anger, but to sadness. He stretched his arms out and hobbled off on his crutches.

Kai started after him in disbelief, fuming at where he stood with fists clenched. He searched his brain for a smart retort of some sort, but nothing but anger was filling his brain. They've been a team for Sensei Wu knows how long! How could Cole think that way at all? Kai growled angrily and marched away, his fists still clenched and his blood still boiling with rage.

Kai tossed in his sleep that night, his rest no different from yesterday. He waited up late staring at the window, waiting. Waiting for them to strike, waiting for the battle to be brought upon them. He tapped his fingers on his bed impatiently as he stared out at the satellite tower with its red dot blinking repeatedly. Something he'd probably been staring at for the past two hours.

Another sleepless night. Another sleepless night. But the last because tomorrow or in the morning, he didn't know which one. He would take them down once and for all.

"Ready?" Nya asked? Walking up to Kai as he put on his gear. It was 5am in the morning. The sky was still dark and the city, still asleep. Kai nodded. He hardly felt that energy coursing through his blood. But it doesn't matter, for rage fuelled him enough. He pulled his shin guards up his foot and grunted. Pulling down his garb over his shin, he stood up and jumped up and down. Stretching his legs and swinging is fists. "I'm more than ready sis." He grunted angrily, flipping his katana onto his back. Nya nodded and her expression changed. She stared at Kai with huge scared eyes. "Be careful okay?" Kai nodded. "Don't be crazy. Stay safe." Nya said again. Kai rolled his eyes, "Yes mum." He muttered sarcastically. Nya nudged her brother with her good arm, "Be glad I'm acting like your mum!" She scolded, "Without me you'd be dead!" Kai rolled her eyes, he couldn't be bothered to argue with her. Not now at least.