CHAPTER 8: The tale of his heart

Anurag's pov

I was standing being surprised and shocked with my own luck. Is it really happening infront of my eyes? Mira is really buying shirts for me?

She was selecting shirts and sending me inside the trial room. I was doing whatever she is telling me to do. Her proximity is enough to make my day. I have never got the chance to spend an entire day with her before. May be i got lucky suddenly.

When she was done, she came near me and gave me the shopping bags with a satisfied smile.

She is beautiful like a fairy!

"Can we eat here?"- she asked me.

"Sure"- i smiled.

We both went to the food court. She ordered pasta for herself, while i ordered sandwich. We ate in silence for few minutes. This is so new of us spending time together. I thought to initiate a conversation.

"Mira,,,are you planning to apply for a Ph.D?"- i asked her.

"Hmm...i was thinking to apply for the fellowship..."

"That's great..."- i replied.

Again few moments went in silence.

"Anurag, i want to discuss something.."- she said while looking at her plate.

I kept looking at her with curiosity.

"I know i was always rude to you, I'm sorry for my all behaviours.....but the truth is i can't spend my life with you"

My heartbeat stopped for few seconds. I lowered my eyes in pain.

"You are a good guy,,,but i feel nothing for you, infact you are not my type....i like Atharv....i want to spend my life with him.."

Tears gathered into my eyes. I gulped down all my tears with force. My heart is screaming in pain. She loves someone else. This is the moment when my all hopes shattered.

"I will apply for a divorce...as soon as my fellowship will get confirmed...you have to co-operate with me a little....when i will apply for divorce just tell my parents that our relation didn't work...."- she said.

I chuckled mentally.

We never started Mira!

I just nodded my head with a forced smile. My heart is breaking into millions of pieces. I was just on cloud nine few minutes back. Now I'm crawling into the mud filled ground.

Mira's phone buzzed and she excused herself to get the call.

I sat there motionless. The pain is intense and killing me from inside. Siva was right. This pain will destroy me some day.

After dropping Mira to my apartment, i went to a local bar. I want to drown myself into alcohol. I don't want to stay in my senses. This pain is too much to deal with. Till now i have hopes that i will win her heart but today my every dreams shattered so brutally.

I kept on drinking. Why my fate is like that??? I have loved only one girl from my childhood but she loves someone else. In my drunken state i felt like to destroy every damn thing near me. I felt like to hold Mira tightly and never let her go. I felt like to forcefully keep her with me.

I walked towards my apartment. She needs to understand that Atharv is not good for her.

......

Mira's pov

I kept my books on the shelf and closed the windows. I looked at the time. Anurag has not returned yet. I'm getting scared a little. I'm not habituated in staying alone. Anurag was right, i should have go to my parents house for few days.