chapter 22: problems everywhere

(Welcome to chapter 22 and i hope you all enjoy this chapter as well)

(3rd pov)

After leaving from the cafeteria while speed left to take the unconscious student to a safe zone y/n continued towards the office but stops when he see's that a huge amount of debris was blocking his path so y/n channeled the power of the phantom ruby as two large hands made of cubes moved the debris out of the way before y/n continued running before having to stop again because there are monsters in the way along with some sort of bio-organic barrier that was currently open.

Y/n(thought): that barrier seems to be linked to the monsters in some way. Maybe as like an alarm?

So y/n suddenly has to take the stealthy route around these monsters as he hides behind some of the debris and crawling through corpses that the monsters probably did and stopping and laying completely still so that the monsters don't set off some sort of alarm so after a few minutes of being stealthy y/n arrived at the barrier and quickly ran through it as the monsters heard the running and roar but it was too late as y/n was past the barrier as it seal shut as y/n continues running he reached an area that a had monster with what seems like active lamp lights was strapped to their head as it's walking towards a crawling student as it picked them up and turned the student to where they are facing the monster as they scream in pain as their body seems to be burning off their body before being turned into ash. Y/n noticed there are multiple pillars in this room.

Y/n(thought): it's suicide for a head on approach but it seems that face light is the only way it can see since i don't see any sort of way for it to hear and the door is on the other side of the room. Just my luck.

Y/n pressed his back against one of the pillars and peaked around the corner and the only thing the was around that corner was the ashes of the dead student. Quickly y/n moved to a different pillar the gave him some progress towards the door when y/n suddenly got an idea as he formed climbing claws over his hands as he began to climb the pillar until he was a good 8 feet off the ground as he sees that the creature was next to the door to where the office should be after a few minutes of running down the hall y/n found himself at the elevator to the office so quickly y/n pressed the button to call the elevator and while the elevator was heading down multiple growls was heard down the hall as y/n quickly hides as multiple monsters are near as y/n had to position himself out of sight which unfortunately put him away from the elevator doors.

Y/n(thoughts): why the hell am i over here?! And also why are there so many hiding spots?!

As y/n was contemplating he heard a growl next to him and as quick as lighting y/n summoned his sword and decapitated the monster before heading to a different spot as some of the monsters head to the corpse as the elevator doors open y/n seeing the opportunity made a dash towards the elevator as the monsters released a roar as they chased y/n but they wasn't fast enough as y/n entered the elevator and pressed the emergency button which closed the door extremely fast as the elevator rocketed upwards as y/n maintains his balance for a few minutes when the elevator released a bell like sound as the doors opened as y/n entered the office to see that the headmasters and ironwood is there.

Ozpin: I'm glad your here y/n.

Sirzech: i am glad your ok y/n has anything happened to you? Are you hurt!? Do you need any medical attention?!

Y/n: I'm fine mr. Lucifer though it would have been easier if there wasn't literally a monster around every corner!

Ironwood: I understand that your frustrated y/n but we are in a serious dilemma.

Before y/n could respond there was banging on the windows outside and upon looking where the noise is coming from a monster with wings is seen banging on the window when a giant clawed hand crushed it before it breaks the window and grabs y/n and pulls him out the office as sirzech quickly shoots a ball of destruction at the giant hand which made it's grip lessen which allowed y/n to escape and upon y/n looking at the creature his jaw figuratively dropped.