Chapter 36

The next day, Lin GenXin and Shao Boya went to the city to buy gift wrappers and items to be put inside the exchange gift.

Lin GenXin went forward to face a shelf of mugs and pondered. Shao Boya behind him also pondered.

" Is a mug enough for a Christmas exchange gift? " Lin GenXin asked out loud.

Shao Boya shook his head. " I don't think so, it's too common and the receiver would probably hold grudge against us if we give them such common presents. "

Lin GenXin nodded in agreement to the little boy, then suddenly furrowed as he realized something. When has Shao Boya learned how to consider other people's feelings over what he wants to do?

Lin GenXin turned his head in Shao Boya's direction and stared at him with complex emotions.

My son ... My son has finally grown up.

" Weird " Shao Boya rolled his eyes at Lin GenXin and walked out of the scenario.

" Wait! " Lin GenXin woke up to his senses and ran after the little boy who went to the area containing toys.

Shao Boya picked Wan Suchun's name and knows what she likes. Recalling upon her personality and what type of person she is, Shao Boya immediately came unto the conclusion that Wan Suchun must like Barbies.

An innocent girl like her who is not yet tainted by the worldly affairs of the adult world. She must still have the mentality of a little girl, who likes barbie, and little cute pretty things.

A box of Barbie only costs 2 dollars. A purple butterfly clip, it only costs cents, a set of doctor diagnostic (plastic) toy, only costs 2 dollars and 50 cents.

Shao Boya picked up attractive yet cheap toys one after another and stuffed all of them inside his cart. Shao Boya then proceeded to push the giant cart with difficulty and slowly deviates direction towards the counter.

Lin GenXin behind was dumbfounded by what Shao Boya picked up .

When It comes to a beautiful little girl like Wan Suchun, Shao Boya sure has the energy to ponder over her likes and preferences.

Does Shao Boya like Wan Suchun?

No way!

Lin GenXin doesn't want to believe it.

A romantic gentleman image... He cannot connect the dot to Shao Boya's dot at all.

---

While standing on the line of the counter. Shao Boya calculated the total prices of all he picked up. After he felt reassured that the budget didn't exceed 8 dollars , his heart is finally at ease.

When it comes to wrapping gifts, Shao Boya doesn't have any idea how to do it. Fortunately, Lin GenXin is good at it, and suggested that he'll help Shao Boya wrap up the gifts.

Shao Boya didn't refuse and instead watched as Lin GenXin wrapped the gift, before immitating him.

The day of the party, Lu Meifeng especially picked her children ( including Lin GenXin) fancy clothes from the closet in where they had all put the things they bought with Yi Meilin before.

Shao Boya casually wore monotone clothes, but Lin GenXin's entire body was dolled up by Lu Meifeng with bright colors.

Sometimes, Shao Yu suspects which is Lu Meifeng's true son as she watches her mother dressing Lin GenXin as a prince as if he is the crown prince.

It is quite comical to see the real son just standing behind, acting as an onlooker, and doesn't have anything to do with their world.

Lin GenXin felt shy, especially when facing his idols' mom. He felt appreciated and cared, Lu Meifeng's favor is quite overwhelming for him, who is a child who had not once experienced such a warm treatment from his parents.