Chp-78

Author Pov

Hazel slowly opened her eyes blinking them multiple times. This was the worst sleep she ever had before. She never thought she can ever have the worst sleep than the night she lost her parents but last night proved her wrong.

She sat up on the bed letting her back rest against the bed's headboard. She felt itchy on her palm and opening it she found his bracelet sitting securely over her hand. She stared at it for some time before turning her head and glancing at his spot.

And as expected he didn't come back last night as well. Now to think of it she understood one thing Cyrus has been thinking of letting her go for over a month now. Maybe that's why he asked her to behave like his wife for a month.

And it wasn't wrong. Cyrus did want to try and win her this month but after seeing his efforts doing nothing to her he simply decided to give up and set her free. After all for how long he can live with her knowing very well that she will reciprocate his feelings?

Standing up from the bed she walked near the wardrobe and brought her bag out. Placing it on the bed she decided to take a shower and get ready. After freshening up she got changed into a beautiful light pink flora dress, wearing brown sandals. She grabbed the papers she signed last night and placed them on the dressing table, placing the bracelet he gifted her on the papers as well. Even though she did want to take it with her for a second but at the end she decided to not. She didn't want anything to remind her of him.

It was hard to believe that they were now divorced but as people say. No one can expect what future holds for you. Sighing heavily she grabbed her bag and walked out finding Ana already preparing the table for the breakfast.

Analise looked at Hazel and smiled but soon her smile wiped off watching Hazel holding a passenger bag. Hazel walked closer to her who frowned at her.

"Hazel, what is this? Are you again trying to run away?" Ana questioned with a frown. Just a few days ago she asked the same question to Hazel if she wants to escape Cyrus but Hazel refused to say that he has changed a lot and she doesn't want to take any risks anymore.

Hazel shook her head before looking at Ana with a small smile. "Ana thank you so much for your support all these months. You are like a sister I always wanted in my life." Saying that she hugged Ana who reciprocated it but her confusion still fade away.

"Cyrus and I are divorced." Ana pulled right away staring at Hazel with wide eyes.

"What? But how?" Hazel took her to the breakfast table and explained everything to her making Ana finally understand the matter but still it was so hard to believe that Cyrus was letting her go.

Cyrus Sylvester who was famous for getting what he wants was now letting the biggest treasure of his life go. Is he the same merciless man people talked about? How did he change this much to let the girl he crazily wants go?

They had breakfast and after an hour Cyrus entered the mansion. Hazel was sitting on the couch when she heard the footsteps and as soon as she looked up her eyes slightly widened in shock. Cyrus's condition was horrifying to see.

His eyes were swollen, bloodshot and there we dark red linings under his eyes. His hair was almost falling over his eyes. The few upper buttons of his shirt were undone. His scary tattoos peaked out of his neck and arms. But right now he looked far from being scary. He looked messed up. He spared a single glance at stunned Hazel before walking towards the staircase.

"Wait for some time I will get ready." Saying that he walked towards his room. Even his voice sounded deeper and unusual.

Hazel bit her lower lip taking a seat on the sofa. She suddenly remembered the psychiatrist's words.