fifty five: happiness

"Oh you are already falling in love with me

"Oh you are already falling in love with me."

Delilah George sat with her feet dangling off of one side of the sofa, her back flat against the cushions. Every now and then she would take a bite of her home made rice crispy white chocolate cupcakes. Although her eyes never once left the screen.  "I'm gonna make you wish you were dead." She mouthed along with Kate Hudson.

Midway through a bite, she was interrupted by none other than Kathryn, "What are you doing?"

The brunette didn't even bother to lift her head from the sofa, instead she finished her bite with a roll of her eyes, "Watching 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days."

"Why?"

"Because I want to?"

Kathryn was sick. Not physically. She was mentally sick of Delilah. For the past two weeks she had done nothing but sit on the same sofa, watch the same films over and over, and eat rice crispy cakes until she inevitably had to throw up.

Kathryn wanted Delilah off of her couch.

Without a second thought, Kathryn went over and grabbed the remaining cakes from Delilah's stomach, and stood in front of the television.

"Oh Kathryn, please don't do this again." Delilah was also sick. Sick of Kathryn that was. She didn't understand why she wasn't allowed to just do nothing - it wasn't like she was causing any harm.

"Delilah, you have done nothing but wallow in self pity on this sofa for 15 days. I-"

"-15 days? Why not just say two weeks?"

Kathryn dropped the hands that were on her hips, everyday she felt like she was losing a battle with Delilah, "What? Delilah honestly, what has happened to you?"

Delilah threw her hands up and let them flop above her head on the sofa, "Oh my god, nothing! Just because I want to watch films and eat rice crispys there's something wrong with me?"

"Yes! You move from this couch twice a day - once to make your cupcakes, and once to throw them up. So obviously there is something wrong with you! You're missing something, Delilah. You've lost your fight."

In true Delilah fashion, the brunette let out the loudest scream possible. She had been watching too many 2000 films, and it was fair to say that the dramatic characters were rubbing off on her. "Why does everybody keep saying that?"

First Jolie had sent her this massive paragraph about how she missed the Delilah they had first met. Then Mabel had sent her a link to an article on 'How to be yourself again'. Worst of all, Jane had left her a voicemail calling her a pussy - she didn't exactly use that word, but she might as well have.

"Maybe because it's true? Delilah, after that day something changed. You don't care anymore -"

"-What am I meant to care about, Kathryn?" Delilah flung her legs off the chair and sat up to stare at Kathryn, "She killed me. Alice fucking killed me."