~35~

January 5th, 2022

"The man hunt for No Name serial killer is still underway along with finding the missing girl Alycia Carey. There's been no updates of the missing girl since Christmas Day where authorities stormed a ranch finding multiple casualties. One of the many being Marcus James, a known underground mafia leader. Reports say he was found with a couple gsw's. Evidence of Alycia Carey's DNA was found on the ranch which takes a turn in the case for detectives," the news anchor speaks. Y/n's eyes stay glued to the tv watching an image of Marcus James and Alycia pop up on the screen as they speak. They stay leaned forward, cupping their hands together and pulling them up. She rests her chin on her hands, keeping her eyes glued on the screen.

"Investigation is still in process. No further updates have been made at this time-" A sigh escapes Y/n's lips as she reaches over to the right grabbing the remote switching the channel to something better than the news. As they scroll through they pause once they hear creaks at the steps. Swiftly their head flies over to the right to lock eyes immediately with Alycia who stands with one hand on the railing and her hair wet. A hoodie on and sweatpants.

A small smile creeps onto Y/n's lips as they lean back into the couch. "You okay?" Y/n asks watching as Alycia nods and turns her head away, continuing down the steps. Y/n's eyes never leave the Australian's as she walks over and slowly sits down beside Y/n. Once she's sat, she leans over into Y/n, laying her head down on Y/n's chest. Y/n grabs the blanket that was off to the left of them and tosses it over top of the both of them before wrapping their arm around Alycia.

"What do you want to watch?" Y/n asks grabbing the remote relaxing a bit. Alycia blinks as her green eyes stay on the tv as Y/n starts flipping through the channels. Silence fills the air, Alycia's lips staying zipped as she blankly stares. Thoughts filled the Australian's mind. The shower she had just taken made her feel human for a bit but she felt numb. Has been feeling numb.

"Don't leave me," Alycia voice trembles as the words slip through her lips. Y/n stops flipping through the tv and turns it off, placing the remote down as she turns her head to the girl.

"Baby, I won't. Ever," Y/n whispers looking down at the girl.

"I can't lose you, Y/n. If I lose you I have nothing-" Alycia pauses and looks up at Y/n. Their eyes lock and Y/n flicks her eyes gingerly between Alycia's tired, sad green ones. "You make me feel like I'm something. You make me feel happy and safe. I don't want anything in life if it's not with you."

"Baby, wait-"

"Marcus raped me," Alycia says swiftly cutting Y/n off. The girl's eyes going wide at Alycia's words. Their jaw sets and Alycia sees the shift in Y/n's eyes. Murder. Anger. Vengeance. "He's already dead Y/n."

"Good." Y/n gently squeezes Alycia's arm. "I am so sorry I couldn't protect you. He-"

"Y/n, baby, stop," Alycia whispers, sitting up and cupping Y/n's cheeks in her shaky bruised, cut up hands. Tears threaten Alycia's green eyes, biting her bottom lip. "It's okay. You couldn't. I don't blame you for what he did to me."

"I put you in that position. I brought you into this life," Y/n says through her teeth grabbing Alycia's hands and gently pulls them off of her, standing up. The blanket falls off of Y/n as she runs her hands through their hair, squeezing their eyes together. Alycia watches the person's reaction before removing the blanket off of her, tossing it off to the side and standing up.

"God! I put you through that! I let him do that to you!" Y/n raises their voice turning and looking at Alycia. They pick up their hand and points to the girl's face. "I let him do that... And that... And that-"