111

Everything started to hurt.

My head all the way down to my toes were aching. The pain pills wore off faster than I wanted.

I expected them to work for at least twelve hours but it wasn't the case.

I needed more.

"Julia?" Nate asked as I took a sip of my water, trying to distract myself from the pain that was weaseling it's way back into my life.

"Hmm?" I hummed and looked at him. "You doing okay?" He asked as I shook my head.

I didn't really know what to say because I was in so much pain and I felt like a broken record but I was sick of feeling like this.

It felt like I was only at the beginning of this journey. I just made it even worse by taking those pills, and that's what sucked the most.

When Colby came back into the room he didn't look at me. He just went to his desk and started working.

"Leave Nate." He said after a couple seconds of silence.

Nate didn't say anything as he stood up and left the room.

Colby didn't look up or acknowledge me even once for the next hour or so. It made me feel like he was mad or upset with me.

I tried to stay silent so that I wouldn't piss Colby off even more but I was struggling.

The cold sweats were back and I felt sick to my stomach.

I was craving something to numb the pain and numb the feelings but part of me knew it would make everything worse.

I also knew if I asked then Colby would get mad and say no.

"Alright. Ready to go home?" Colby asked as I looked up at him. "Are you mad at me?" I asked quietly.

"Huh? No." He said and stood up. "I-I know I fucked up...but please don't be mad at me." I said quietly.

"I don't hate you and I'm not mad at you, Julia. Come on, you don't look like you're feeling good." He said and held his hand out.

I stood up and took his hand, ignoring the fact that he was acting weird. I don't know what exactly was going on but something was off.

Colby wouldn't tell me what was going on though, no matter how many times I asked.

"How are you feeling?" Colby asked as we walked down the hall. "I'm hurting." I said as he sighed and wrapped his arm around me.

"I know, darling. When we get home we'll get you in a bath. That might help." He said as we got to the elevator.

"Why didn't you talk to me when you got back to the room?" I asked quietly.

"I thought you wanted to go home. I needed to get my work done." He said with a tone that was only mildly convincing.

"Don't lie to me." I mumbled. "Why would you think I'm lying?" Colby asked as I sighed.

"Because you are." I said, not looking at him. "I'm not lying, Julia." He said then led me towards the car.

"Then you're not being fully truthful." I said blandly. "Julia. Stop." Colby said with annoyance.

"No, Colby. You stop!" I snapped, looking up at him. "I know I'm fucked up right now but I'm not a child. You don't get to lie to me!" I said as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not lying to you because I think you're a child." He said as anger swelled up in me. "So you admit you're lying?!" I yelled and got in his face.

"Julia, STOP." Colby bellowed. "I don't have to tell you what's going on in my head at any given moment. I wasn't lying now fucking drop it before I make you." He said as I clenched my jaw.