a saint's crime

Updating three times in the past week? i'm on fire. Anywho here's a longish chapter. Dont forget to comment and vote 😙

-🧪Sexually explicit content (18+)

-🧪mentions of thalassophobia

* * * * *

A little bump in the road had caused you to grip onto your bag on the shuttle. Hitch raised a brow, "Are you okay? You're a lot jumpier than usual."

"I'm fine," you inhaled. "I guess this whole Jean-Mikasa thing has me on edge."

Hitch pitifully pursed her lips, "What he did was sucky. But have you talked to her?"

"No," it had been only a day.

"Then how the hell are you going to know if she was telling you the truth?" she quizzed.

"I don't-I'm not ready to talk to anybody honestly," you rubbed your head. "What time do you have class anyway?"

"Like fifteen minutes," she slumped. When you didn't budge from your seat at your usual stop, she nudged, "This is your stop, isn't it?"

"I think I'm gonna skip my classes today," you frowned. "I'm just gonna head back and sleep. I don't even know why I fucking got on to begin with."

She licked her lips, "Uh oh, you must feel really awful if you're missing Ackerman's lecture."

You closed your eyes, wanting to just get back to your dorm and sleep because you just wanted to be away from any form of human contact. And yes, you were avoiding Eren too. That conversation on why you left while he was sleeping was going to be awkward as hell. Let alone having to see him after you fucked him.

The next stop was Hitch's, she waved at you and got off. The bus was back on route and after a few stops, it cycled back to your dorm. You yawned as you got back in bed, having your car back would be much easier.

Pieck was still home, you heard her knock something over in her room and yell a series of profanities. You assumed she was getting ready for class with all the ruckus she was brewing up.

Your phone rang on your nightstand and you reached for it, not recognizing the number, "Hello?"

"Hi, am I speaking to Y/n?"

"Um, yes," you sat up, still not understanding who the caller was.

"Oh, hello," the voice was a bit flat, not at all welcoming. "My name is Nanaba, and I'm calling from the Maria library. You had applied for a job here."

You scrambled to get up, "Oh yes. Yes, I did."

She flatly stated, "Okay, you still interested?"

"Yes, I am."

"Perfect. Can you come by sometime today?" she asked.

"Sure," considering you were skipping out on your classes today. "I can be there in an hour."

"Great, and we'll go over what hours you want. See you then."

The call ended and you got out of bed, rushing to Pieck's room. You almost slipped on the hard wood as you did. Without knocking, you barged in. "Guess what!"

"AHHHHHHH!" Pieck screamed, slipping and falling on her back.

You started laughing as you bent down to get her off the ground. She was trembling, her face pale in horror.

"I thought you were in class," she quivered.

You were still giggling at her, "I skipped for today."

"Ooh," she scrunched her nose. "Looks like we're avoiding the hot broody professor." She circled around you, "Or are we avoiding the hot broody boy that sits next to you?"