Chapter 77 : Rumble

Season 3 : Chapter 21

After the whole situation with Kushida, all three of the students were walking back to their camp in utter silence, not uttering a single word

After the whole situation with Kushida, all three of the students were walking back to their camp in utter silence, not uttering a single word. Kiyotaka and Horikita made the beige haired girl walk a little in front of them so that she doesn't do any shady stuff, to which she mindlessly obliged.

"Kiyotaka-kun, what should we really do with Kushida-san? Will she really going to be dropping out of the school of her own choice?"

"I mean, it's a given right? Kushida is utterly terrified of us and what we might do to her at any given second. She is feeling fear even going back to the Class-D camp within our presence.

I don't think she could manage to be in the same class as the both of us anymore. It was either to expel us both , so that she could start anew or it was to drop out of the school, so that she could save her reputation."

"I see ... Say Kiyotaka-kun, was it really the right way to teach Kushida-san a lesson? Was there no other way?"

Kiyotaka immediately stopped in his tracks and gave the girl beside him a slight glance before sighing to himself.

"Listen to me, Suzune."

"What is it?"

Kiyotaka gave Horikita a slight pat in the back, acknowledging her problems before patting her on the hand, as both of their paces slightly slowed down a little.

"One should never feel empathy for their enemies, you got it? When she threw you off the building, do you think Kushida felt guilty about it? So why should we feel guilty if we traumatised her in exchange for her trying to kill me in the same way as well?

I'm not saying that feeling sympathy for someone is not ok... But this is your as well as my attempted murderer. She is not your 'used to be best friend' Kushida Kikyou.

People like her will take advantage of this weakness of yours and soon screw you over. So, keep your chin up and make your heart as tough as a rock."

"It will take a little time, but I'll try."

"That answer is all I needed to hear. As long as you're willing to try, then there would be no problems. I'm pretty sure, you know just how gruesome, abhorrent and disastrous this world can be when it wants to be, we can't survive this environment if we don't adapt ourselves and be immune to that sort of stuff as well.

As the quote says : "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to be called the villain."

We need to accept the 'bad' and 'heinous' parts of ourselves and improvise on it to keep moving further, otherwise we would break down in the middle of the path, unable to handle the pressure."