-poppy-

Y/n Kang your breath smellslike fish

Y/n Kang
your breath smells
like fish.

==========

No matter how many times it replayed in your mind, even the idea of winning still felt like a dream.

The adrenaline was real, all right...but it was just the loud cheers of your friends, the thumping heartbeat of yours, the part where you stood all before your opponent. The part where you won.

That, felt surreal...like a dream you never want to wake up from.

Everything, didn't feel real to you. Did you really win? Was it you? Were the clouds this pretty? Did the sky look this blue before? What is Hyun doing right now?

Sat alone on the bench, was you, who needed more time than needed to process the whole idea. It felt very new, unfamiliar even.

No one was out this late in the afternoon. It was just you and the sky, keeping each other company as the clouds played along with the breeze.

Sitting back against the bench, you closed your eyes as you drifted together with the clouds, playing with the winds' callings.

Opening your eyes once again, it took you a while to adjust to the bright glow of the sun. The playful environment of the trees dancing along to the howls of the soft lullabies of the breeze as the birds too, sang together like a choir.

The new presence next to you was not ignored either. Turning to look at the boy, you softly smiled as you turned your attention back to the clouds.

He too, turned to look at you, once you looked away...of course but turned back, afraid of getting caught.

Even if there was someone else sitting right beside you, the serenity was never disturbed. Instead, it felt as if everything was fitting together like a missing puzzle piece.

Neither you, nor he said a word. Just basking in the presence of one another. Waves crash against the rocky shore, the clouds dancing together while the soft breeze hums a tune, trees swaying along with the sweet lullabies of the birds. Shoulders pressed against each other, providing comfort and affirmations to the two teens, sitting on the bench.

Everything was in place, where they should be. The norm. The reality.

The anomaly.

For a moment, there were no waves, no wind, no humming of birds, no warmth, as he stood up from his place next to you.

You turned towards the boy, confused as to why he got up. He coughed, once...maybe twice before starting to walk away. You turned back towards the clouds, because at least they will keep you company.