- ꕤ 7: MEMORY

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes. Yes, I do."

. . .

As your eyelids slowly fluttered open, a pounding headache rushed in. You winced in pain, feeling the world spinning around you.

It was hazy — your memories from the past two days.

"What the hell..." You groaned, squinting your eyes. You tried to focus on your goal at hand, follow protocols, and recall.

Recall your identity, confirm your location, and do not engage with anyone that isn't part of the project. These are the protocols for anyone who dared to engross themselves in multiversal travel.

"Y/N L/N of the L/N Science Facility. I'm here as a scientist on the Otto Project. And I am in universe..." You whispered to yourself. Though, you found yourself pausing as soon as you realized.

"Oh god," You've got your memories back— and now you're fully aware of what exactly was happening.

"I'm in Genshin Impact."

Your favorite game? You're... in it? What a thrilling experience! You could meet your favorite characters, and, and go to your favorite places!

"Wait, no! Now's not the time to get excited, Y/N." You smacked yourself lightly on the face, trying to focus. You already broke one of the protocols— wait, you aren't even in the right universe!

You checked your watch quickly and saw no messages from your earth. Your hands reached your head. Both panic and excitement filled your chest as you blinked.

This game meant a lot to you. It was something that lit a fire in your heart during your darkest days— something you ran to when you were upset or tired. Now... Now you were in that world you escaped to.

Did you... really want to go back?

"Of course, I want to! What are you even thinking." You scoffed at your ideas. It was just the adrenaline speaking. Hopefully...

Besides, Teyvat was a scarier place than you expected. Then again, going from game to real life is a tough experience. And you weren't used to this world yet, though you had the knowledge.

Without a moment to spare, you got up from your bed and decided to take a walk. Knowing where you were boosted your morale.

Once again, you tied half of your jumpsuit on your waist and head out the door.

As soon as you exited the room, the view from Wangshu Inn took your breath away. You've seen it twice thus far — but having your memories back as you stared into the horizon... felt different.

It was magical. So much more than you could have ever dreamed of.

With a smile, you steered away from the view and onto the balcony. Of course, you had to visit it. It's always been your favorite thing to do when you were logging out.

Walking up the stairs was just as dangerous as it was in-game. It had no railings which you always questioned why they didn't. The amount of time your characters fell just to get to the balcony...