Chapter forty-two

❌This chapter contains mature content, some may triggering so please read with caution, cnc involved❌

"Good morning" I smile, as I make my way to my best friend who was already sitting next to the counter, probably waiting on me to wake up.
"I'm never going to get used to you waking up after me" She answers, hinting towards the days where we lived with each other, I used to wake up at least a good four hours before her to prepare for my day.

I let out a small chuckle as I open the fridge, "There's been some small changes since I left"
She takes another sip of the coffee she must've made while waiting, "I noticed."

I turn around to face her, she looked away while an expression of unsureness and a hint of sadness crept up on her face.

"Amalie" I said, grabbing her attention, "I'm still the same Luna you used to come to whenever you had the slightest pain in your head or arm, asking if you're dying." She let out a small laugh as I continued, "I'm still the same Luna you came to for advice on how to end things with a guy every time you got the ick because he danced in a weird way or wore ballerina socks instead of regular socks."
She let out another laugh, "to my defense that was certainly the worst ick I've gotten."

I chuckled as I put my hands on top of her, "I'm still your bestfriend."

Amalie smiled, grabbing my hands and giving a small squeeze "I know."
"I guess I shouldn't say much either, I haven't been the most honest of them all"
She admitted, and although I know her reasoning was better than mine, I appreciated that we both could face it. Together.
"Now that we're on the same page, what about some good breakfast?" I smile, earning an eager nod from her.

We talked while I made my infamous omelet, and then I remembered,
"What were you about to tell me yesterday? Before Xander interrupted"
I watched as her body stiffened at the mention of it, she shifted, seeming uncomfortable.
"No secrets, remember?" I said, pushing for her to tell me what it was.

It seemed like she debated on what to say but as she opened her mouth to speak, we got interrupted yet again.
"Good morning angel" Xander said, making his way to me and giving me a peck, "Amalie" He nodded. She pressed her lips together and gave a small nod back.

"I'm making breakfast, do you want some?" I asked, he was dressed in a dark blue suite, and it seemed like he was on his way out. "I don't have time angel, there's been some problems at the company."
I let out a small, disappointed sigh as I nod my head, his arms held a firm grip around me.

"I'll be back by the end of the day."

He's been acting weird lately, ever since Amalie came, he's been even more possessive and controlling. I didn't want to read too much into it though, maybe he's been having a rough time at work.

"What's your plans for today?" He asked, keeping his arms around me, "Shopping!"
He shook his head, as if he didn't understand why we found shopping fun at all.
"Here" A black card was placed in front of me yet again, "this time you're taking it."

I knew there was no point in arguing with him, it was like arguing with a wall.
So instead I tried to scare him into realizing the mistake he just made, "What's the limit?"

He gave me a dirty look, "are you trying to offend me?" confusion rose on my face before he kept going, "Nothing I give you has a limit, angel."

I smiled, but he seemed very much serious, not changing his expression for a second.
"Thank you" I said kissing him, he broke the kiss and leaned right next to my ear, "you can thank me by trying to max out that card every time you come across any store with lingerie."

My cheeks flushed as his words found their way to my stomach, "for reference, black, red and green are my favorites although I love to see anything and absolutely nothing on you."