Forty-One

Sage Williams PART TWO OF THE DOUBLE UPDATE!

Sage Williams
PART TWO OF THE DOUBLE UPDATE!

"Ugh! He's fucking ugly!"

My eyes hadn't left my phone or computer screen for the last hour. I had spent the entire day in bed after I ran home from Blaise's apartment. I slept in my bed, claiming I was tired. I was tired but I really just slept because I wanted to escape my thoughts and feelings.

But that's the worst part about sleeping off your problems because when you wake up, it's only a couple of minutes until you instantly remember why you wanted to fall asleep so badly.

"Ugly! Ugly fucking man! Ugly! You don't deserve any of these women! Fuck you! Fuck you! F-U- C -K go get fucked! Fuck you!" My eyes moved away from the screens to Rory who was sitting on her bed, engrossed in the newest episode of the bachelor.

My eyebrows raised as I watched her pluck her own eyebrows out with her fingers. Whatever was happening on that television show must've got her angry. As if she could feel my gaze on her, she turned to face me– but not before hitting the pause button on her show. She pulled off her vast headphones.

"Hey! You ready to talk mother nature?" I smirked at her nickname.

"Where'd that nickname come from?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Everything that grows gravitates to you– can't you tell?" She kicked the blanket off of her. As if she had been invited, she walked over to my bed, pulling herself under my blanket right next to me.

I turned to face her, her face mere inches away from mine. My head jerked back, "Um, hello?" She smiled at my words.

"Hi, bestie. Sorry, I like being up close and personal to people who look like they are sad." My lips pursed, and then I gave her the best fake smile ever.

"I don't know what you're talking about Rory. I'm as happy as a duck." I continued trying to smile at her. She giggled.

"You look like a duck that realized it's not a swan." I frowned as she shrugged. "But you'd definitely be the swan that every other male swan wanted to mate for life with if you didn't have that sad look on your face. Now spill the beans– or should I say spill the pond water." She nudged my shoulder.