Ch. 7

Mental health is an absolute BITCH.
I'm so tired...

Had to be injected with some meds today.
Now, I am deathly afraid of needles so you can imagine my anxiety lmfao--
Had to bring my Shadow plushie with me (yes I bought one recently, he's my pride and joy) in order to handle it.
I'm actually the one meant to inject, but NOPE.
I'M A GROWN-ASS ADULT, I'M NOT STABBING MYSELF WITH A NEEDLE, AND I'M ABSOLUTELY BRINGING MY COMFORT PLUSH WITH ME.

Warning for a kid getting hurt and blood in this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You fell asleep on the sofa that night, your head resting on Shadow's shoulder.

You were surprised to find yourself in the guest bedroom upon waking up, and you looked around, squinting a bit.

Alone.

Yawning and stretching, you slipped out of bed and quickly got yourself dressed, before heading downstairs, where you saw Shadow was already up, sat with his laptop on the coffee table.

"Good morning!" You said cheerfully, waving to him.

"Good morning." He replied, watching as you seated yourself beside him, your eyes on the TV.

It was already on, playing the news.

Mindlessly watching, your eyes scanned the people currently on the screen, when you stopped on a certain man.

One you found all too familiar.

Had they already found you?!

"Acchi..." You said quietly, though it was enough for Shadow to hear you.

"Huh?" You snapped back to reality and turned to Shadow, waving your hands in front of you.

"A-ah, nothing! Sorry." Turning back to the TV, you were clearly focused on something, much to Shadow's confusion, urging him to turn to the TV as well.

A train accident.

Several people were either injured or dead.

"Y/N, do you want me to change the channel?" He asked, wondering if you'd been disturbed by the content.

"Don't worry about it." You replied with a smile, though it quickly faded as you went into deep thought.

Of course he'd be at a train wreck... he fed off the negative emotions that came with catastrophes.

He was still a whole ocean away from you, give or take, so you could probably avoid him for a while.

But eventually, he'd come for you.

Tch.

You were brought out of your deep thinking by the sound of happy music, and you looked at the TV, curious.

Shadow had changed the channel.

He said nothing as he kept working, though you could tell he was bothered.

If only you could tell him...

You returned to Rouge's apartment later that day, thanking Shadow for letting you stay with him, and he replied with a quiet 'you're welcome'.

You weren't ready to give this life up yet.

And if you had to fight to stay, so be it.

But until then... you'd enjoy yourself.