TWENTY-NINE;

After Elijah had devoured his meal, he was content

After Elijah had devoured his meal, he was content. The male had leaned back in his booth, rubbing his belly happily.

"He's so easy to please." Max commented, making Elijah side eye him.

"Wanna see easy?" Elijah sassed back.

Sam shook his head, "Even with a full tummy you still think about sex."

"All that's on my mind is food and sex, baby. You should know that by now." Elijah stated, leaning on Max's shoulder and pressing a soft kiss to his neck.

Sam rolled his eyes at the comment. "Don't you have to wait thirty minutes or you'll get a cramp?"

"I'm not going swimming." Elijah retorted.

Wack.

"Did you just throw a fucking fry at me?" Elijah gasped, holding his cheek in shock.

Silence.

"I swear to our lord and savior Greg-"

"The fish market guy?"

"Yes the fish market guy, he is my lord and I pray to him every night to give me the strength to not kill you." Elijah spoke.

Max let out a giggle, "I don't know what's worse, his name is Greg or that he sells fish."

"Don't bash Greg," Elijah said, lifting his head up from Max's shoulder. "He's an honest man, trying to support his wife and daughter. Speaking off, he invited me to her dance on Friday and I forgot to ask if you wanted to go."

Sam looked taken back. "How close are you to Greg?"

"Not that close, I just went to his nieces graduation and his sister's wedding." Eli explained, shrugging it off.

Max turned to Elijah, "You've been friends with a fish market man named Greg?"

"Don't take it too serious, we bonded after he tried to set me up with his brother's daughter." Elijah replied.

"So you're telling me, you became friends with Greg after he tried to get you to date his brother's daughter?" Max asked.

Eli nodded, "Yeah, after he got to know me, he thought I was a great guy for her, but I had to explain to him I didn't like women. He took it surprisingly well and after going down to the fish market often we got to know each other. Greg treated me like a son, so I guess I am actually grateful for that whole experience."

"I gotta meet this Greg guy." Max commented.

"How about we get you two home before I fall asleep listening to this." Sam added, sliding out from the booth.

Max nodded his head in agreement, sliding out as well, Elijah following, after they placed a tip for Jaylee.

She greeted them at the exit. "It was so nice to see you and getting to meet you as well Max." She smiled at them. "I'll text Sam about the double date soon. You'll love Ruby, let me show you her!" She said, grabbing her phone out her back pocket and turning it on and facing the screen to them.

"First Sam, now her? How the hell do you get all the cute ones?" Eli asked, pouting.

"She's an absolute cutie, I know." She smiled even wider, looking at the lockscreen. "Gosh, you guys don't even know how deep I am in."

Max chuckled at the comment. "I think I have an idea."

She shook her head, teasingly, "I've been in love with her for years, this is my soulmate. I am even considering proposing after high school, but don't tell her!" Jaylee panicked.

"Your secret is safe with us. I'm really glad you're happy."

Another soft smile filled her face. "I'm glad you are too."

The three parted ways with a Jaylee who was smiling happily at her lockscreen.

"I don't know why she would marry her soulmate. I couldn't imagine marrying either of you."

"Most of the time, I would say I wanna kill myself, but I think this time I'll say you should kill yourself."

"Woah man, chill out." Elijah said, "you might cut me with all that edge."

"Nope, nevermind, I wanna kill myself."

_______
This is Ruby<3

_______This is Ruby<3

____________