#5 - Ross Lynch

"Aren't you the slightest bit nervous? I mean, you've interviewed 6 people and they all left 30 minutes in" Sierra said, browsing the endless aisles filled with Mason jars.

"A tiny bit, but I'm prepared today because I'll be making some tea & cupcakes. Maybe they left because I starved them" I shrugged and placed a jar in my basket. "That reminds me, I need to collect some caramel chocolate, paintbrushes and more teabags. Would it be safe to get green tea?"

Sierra whipped around quickly. "Stick with Yorkshire"

I nodded and we proceeded to the tills. I got a chance to see the time left before my interview with my possible future roommate. One hour and 15 minutes. "Fifteen to do a bit more shopping and then 20 for the tube & bus home. And then the rest for the cupcakes to rise and cool"

"Have you planned all of this out?" I showed my best friend my notebook and she shook her head, sliding her sunglasses on.

"It's pouring outside, Si"

"Doesn't mean my style needs to deteriorate" she placed her hands on her hips.

"You embarrass me" I shook my head as we left the store and walked across to Tesco's.

+++

There was an accident just off Tottenham Hale so I was a few minutes late back to Stratford & to my apartment. Luckily, the cupcakes didn't mess up and I had enough time to tidy up the apartment.

The tunes were blasting from the radio when my doorbell rang. I dashed to the telephone/answer thing (you get my drift). "Who is it?"

"Er, I'm here for the roommate interview?" A strong American accent replied.

"Oh hi, it's apartment 29. Come on up" I pressed the button that opened the door downstairs then ran back to sort the cupcakes and teacups on the table then spray the house a bit more.

My Siberian kitten, Tinsel, lazily walked out of my room at the sharp three knocks at the door. "Hi!"

"Hey!" I had to take a step back to fully see the guy speaking back at me. Usually, guys in London cannot work jogging bottoms with leather jackets (& a beanie), but this dude just made it work (and looked chill whilst doing it). He stretched his hand out towards me. "I'm Ross"

"Well, nice to meet you, Ross. I'm Lia" I smiled back.

"What, literally just Lia?"

I nodded. "That's a really cool name"

"Thank you, follow me- ooh, this is Tinsel. She's friendly and you can pick her up if you want" I giggled as Ross leaned down and literally held my kitten with one hand.

I pulled a chair for myself once in the kitchen area. "Please help yourself to food because last time I think I starved everybody"

"Oh I will, I could smell these from outside!" He chuckled and reached for a cupcake. I looked apprehensively but sighed in relief at the low 'mmm' he released. "Are you a baker?"

"Not professionally, I wish though" I shrugged. "I'm currently studying law though, how about you?"

"I moved to England literally a week ago and I'm staying at a friend's house so I think its time to leave them alone" He replied.

"Oh wow, what part of America are you from?"

"I lived in California, but I was born in Colorado"

I gasped. "I have always wanted to visit both, but mostly Colorado for the snow. It rarely snows here"

"You'd love it there" he beamed.

"This may come out so rude but are you working?"

"No but money really isn't an issue, I saved up quite a lot before moving here so it's all good"

"Ah I see, also, you don't mind overly excited hyperactive people?"

He had an amused smile on his face. "Not really"

"That's good because if you did move here, you have me to put up with" I reached for a cupcake myself and he laughed.

+++

"So this is the spare room, which if you moved in, would be yours" I opened the door to a medium sized room. "It's the same size as my room only that mine looks like a bomb exploded inside and this one has two windows rather than one huge one"

"I like it, it's pretty big" Ross looked around. "And you have a good view of the street here"

"This is my spying window because our neighbours have a thing for arguing in the middle of the street" I explained and he giggled. "How'd you like the house then?"

"I loved it! It's cosy and I really like your cat" He looked at Tilly and stopped to think a bit. "I'll take it"

"Wait- what?!"

"I-"

A scream came from me followed by me suddenly jumping him with a hug. Slowly, I detached myself from him. "Sorry, but I'm finally not alone!"

"That's always good, I suppose. And don't worry" he smiled again.

possible story idea there but I'm not sure if I should post it (writers block and stuff)