133. moments

LOVE + WAR

cxxxiii || moments

cxxxiii || moments

"It is James Potter on the mic."

Maria groans loudly, rolling over and pulling the quilt over her head as she hears the familiar and ever so annoying speaker blare James' voice throughout the manor. Because of it being Christmas, the group of friends all stayed at the Potter Manor on Christmas Eve so that they could celebrate the morning together. Marlene and Dorcas are heading to Dorcas' parents home for Christmas dinner and Peter is going home because his sister wants him to be there when she tells their parents she's getting married to her muggle boyfriend, and Mary is going to her Mum and Dad's house at lunch.

They had arrived home from their holiday a week early since Dumbledore told everyone in the order he needed a meeting immediately. They had returned home instantly, worried for people's lives, and he had announced that the Dark Lord is one step closer to figuring out the prophecy stating that Harry Potter will be the demise of him. James had clutched onto Lily's hand and Maria had worrisomely shared looks with the youngest Black brother who had simply rested his hand on her swollen stomach comfortingly.

Regulus turns in his sleep as he desperately clings to it, not wanting to wake up but of course he is dragged out of the comfort by James' booming voice. He wraps both his arms around Maria's waist and pulls her close to him.

"It is seven o'clock! Christmas morning." James announces on the microphone and Maria lets out a loud huff. "Get up you lazy bastard." She hears him say faintly, followed by a thud and James crying out. "Sirius!"

"Fuck off, Prongs!" Sirius throws another old school book from the floor of his old room at the Manor and it hits James in the back.

Regulus digs his forehead gently into the space between her shoulder blades, "please use your pregnancy hormones as an excuse to throw you brother out the window." He grumbles and Maria smiles slightly, turning over and moving some hair out of his eyes. "Too far?"

The door swings open, hitting the wall beside it and making Maria sigh, "not at all." She mutters and James rips the quilt from their bodies and folds his arms. "James." She groans, dragging out the last syllable of his name.

"Up." James says firmly and Regulus lets out a sigh, grabbing a book from the bedside table and launching it at James who dodges it. "What is it with lazy pricks and throwing books?! Everyone downstairs in ten minutes!" He says into the microphone before stomping out of their bedroom and leaving the door wide open out of spite.

Maria lets her head drop back onto the soft pillow, feeling their baby moving around in her stomach making her smile slightly as she looks up at the ceiling and Regulus smiles at her smile.

"What?" Regulus murmurs, propping his head on his elbow as he looks at her beautiful face.

"This baby won't stop kicking the shit out of me." Maria lets out a small chuckle and Regulus frowns slightly.