||48||

I pressed her face to my chest and slowly pulled out. I zipped up my trousers. "Don't speak," I whispered to her. "Don't move." She would be at a big disadvantage as she was a girl. Though people would speak about me, with time it would fade. "Stay calm, I'll handle this."

"Isong. Ebenezer?" I looked back to meet the director's shocked face. He looked disappointed. In me. I really didn't care. "Why? You? In the school?" He frowned at my lack of response. "Meet me in my office. The both of you."

There was pin-drop silence in the assembly. I could not even hear the sound of breathing. I avoided the teachers' eyes. They all looked very disappointed. Very very disappointed. The juniors were still curious, probably wondering why they were here. Why their Head Boy was the centre of attention. The seniors... those SS1 and SS2 students were sending signals amongst themselves. My set mates...

"Ebenezer Edikan Isong, I am very disappointed in you. I've been getting reports from teachers, and students. Bullying? Disrespect? What got into you this term? You were never this way. " He paused. "I least expected such behaviour from you." I know.  "But, sexual misconduct in school?" Now, there were murmurs. And they became louder each second. I was so glad Tiana wasn't in school today.

My classmates were so calm and quiet. Of course, they knew and understood. None of them spoke. "After our discussion yesterday and meeting with your parents I decided on a three days suspension for the both of you. And a three weeks suspension from your post." I sighed in relief. I could survive. He wasn't at home. "But your father specially requested that your suspension be extended."

"What?" Wait, what the fuck? Why?

"To 10 days."

I was dead. So so dead.

~

"Mom, just leave me alone. Please." I didn't have her time. I went to my room and locked myself up.

"Ebenezer open this door." I paid her no heed. I fucked up. Dad wouldn't be back for a few days. My suspension should have ended before he returned. But now...

"EDIKAN!!!"

He was back already?  "OPEN THAT FUCKING DOOR BEFORE I TAKE MY NEXT BREATH!" I knew better than to be sluggish. The moment the door was opened, I was met face to face with dad who looked like a rabid wolf. He grabbed me by my collar, dragging me out the door.

"Dad."

"I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING DAD YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A HUMAN!"

"Aaron, Aaron, please don't hurt him. Please." Mom should know better than to stand in dad's way when he was like this. She should know that he had no reasoning at this moment. I shook my head at her but she did not move.

"Get lost." He growled. "Emerald, I will hurt you. Get out of my way." She was stubborn. He let me go and dragged her away instead.

"Dad don't-" hurt her.

"Shut your fucking mouth." In three minutes, he was back with more anger. He grabbed me by my hair to his office. "Kneel." He had already removed his belt. I obeyed waiting for the first strike but it never came. When it came, it felt like my body was on fire. It fucking hurt.

He wasn't using his belt but a whip. A koboko. The strikes came endlessly. I wished I could cry, but he never allowed it. It fueled his anger more. I was already curled up on the ground, letting him design my body as he wished. My lip was bleeding from how much I was biting it. I couldn't even see anymore. My tears had made it blurry.  "Dad, I'm sorry. Please stop. Please." He hadn't said a word, just hitting. I couldn't bear it anymore. "Dad!" He kicked my stomach.