Chapter Four

"I can't no more...I need water" you say dryly, walking away from the field.

"The river is nearby, take a quick drink then come back, understood?" Javan shouts after you.

"Alright!" You shout back with annoyance.

Honestly, you didn't realize the blessing you were living in until it got snatched from you.

The fruits and vegetables are delivered to the markets without having to lift a finger, agriculture technologies made it easy for farmers.

Now, you are forced to harvest your food with your own hands.

However, you can't deny the beauty of nature, like everywhere is green, untainted by pollution.

There are also lovely flowers you have never seen before.

But Javan has forbidden you from touching them so you don't get poisoned and die.

It took about fifteen minutes for you to reach the river.

You approach it slowly, noticing that the river is separating between two lands, even though the distance is barely that long, to begin with.

A person could easily swim to the other side within minutes.

It didn't take long to know that the tribe that resided in the other land is Cain's tribe just as Javan told you.

You kneel on the edge of the river bank, putting your hands into the water, drinking from it.

While doing so, you don't notice a man with red hair holding a wooden bucket, walking towards the river to fill up his bucket.

But he notices you, keeping his brown eyes on your figure.

"Greetings!"

You look up in surprise upon hearing the loud voice.

Your (e/c) eyes land on the red-haired man, which made you afraid.

Why is he even speaking to you? Aren't the two tribes enemies? He is even giving you a warm smile.

When you don't respond, he continues speaking, not offended by your silence.

"My name is Suhayb, what is your name?"

You stare at Suhayb silently, knowing exactly that he is trying his hardest to keep the conversation going on.

Starting to walk away from the river, but his voice stops you.

"You know, our tribe is much more fun, we sing, dance, and have lots of drinks, unlike Abel's tribe"

Realizing that he is trying to tempt you with those words, you ignore him and keep walking away.

Suhayb is a red flag, his sudden kindness towards you, a stranger from Abel's tribe is suspicious.

On the other hand, Suhayb watches you with narrowed eyes, disliking that he wasn't able to seduce you.

However, Suhayb will not stop until he kidnaps you.

He just needs to earn your trust first before he does anything.

𓅰𓅰𓅰

You pick up the fruits and eat them happily.

They taste way better than any types of fruits you had in your life, adding to that they gave you an intense type of energy.

Javan smiles, seeing how happy you look while devouring the various fruits.

"So, how about you tell me more about yourself, (Y/n)?"

You stop eating and look at Javan with confusion.

"I would love to, but I don't remember anything" you remind him.

"Sorry, but you got to remember something, did you have a husband? Any children?"

Javan's questions made you remember something all of a sudden.

You do have a son.

Indeed you do...

You remember his physical appearance.

Green eyes.

Dark hair.

He looks like the younger version of Javan.

"I do have a son," you say, shocking Javan.

He is also disappointed.

"Do you remember anything about him?"

You stare at Javan for a moment, before answering.

"All I remember is that his name is Sherif"