Chapter 02

- - - - - Mum's Part - - - - -

Part of me is still being empathetic with him. The way he bawls his eyes out is telling me that his heart was broken into pieces. The other part of me, to be honest, is being filled with fear little by little. The less I know of the matter, the harder my brain is working to make up hypotheses on what could have happened to him.

Okay. Let's think straight. His sorrow might be of his loss of a family member or a loved one, and that blood might belong to that one.

If that's so, it wouldn't be weird why he cried so hard.

But on second thought, I had witnessed the incident last night with my own eyes. His head exploded due to a surprise hit of a bullet, how come he appears alive and breathing here on my bed?

All right, let's end my imagination here and just ask.

"Hey, what happened?"

Woah, self, hold on. The hell did I just ask? Why didn't I ask him directly like whom that blood on his clothes belongs to, or who the hell he is and how he got in my room? Most importantly, how did he survive the headshot the night before?

Anyway, no matter how stupid my question was, I can see he tries to stop crying and look away from his shaky hands to face me. His mouth is also trembling and is starting to move slowly.

*beep!**beep!*

I can't hear his answer at all as there's a sound interrupting. It drowns out his voice and deafens my ears.

I try to focus on his mouth instead. I'm putting all my effort in deciphering his mouthing, but this damn beeping sound just won't die down.

*beep!**beep!*

*beep!**beep!*

What...

What is he saying?

*beep!**beep!*

...

..

.

*beep!**beep!*

I got startled and my eyes flew open out of one big anxiety before I found myself in the same clothing, the same sleeping posture, and the same well-lit room.

No need to mention that young man. There isn't even the slightest trail of his blood stains or smell.

I exhale deeply once I learned it was just a dream. Again.

I do remember the situation where he was shot in the head – and that was pretty deadly – but when I dreamed about it again, it didn't feel like a dream to me. It seemed so real and it felt like I was really in that moment. Just like the other night.

*beep!**beep!*

Okay, now I've found what was waking me up from the nightmare. It's the sound of Line chat notifications. It never seemed to be so irritating just until today. I guess I have to check what the hell is going on.

GAMER : hey, you there? 12:54 AM

GAMER : the lady in black asked for your line id 12:54 AM

GAMER : and i gave it to her 12:55 AM

GAMER : guess she'll get to you soon 12:55 AM

Well, well, you knew it too well, buddy.

And it's just like he said. Someone has added me as a friend and already texted me. Her profile picture depicts the same one I made eye contact with at Halo.